Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update: chemical pregnancy :/ Trying again this cycle.

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi!! :) I am new here. My name is Tasha. I have a 2 year old son and we are now ready for another. <3

*I was supposed to get my period March 5th-March 10th.*

My period is always regular and very heavy and very bright red from the second it starts pretty much. I always bleed for exactly 6 days- every period. it's never different. 

March 5th came and went. No period- no spotting. nothing. 

March 6th I started spotting light pink/brown. Then it turned a little redish/brown but it never turned into a flow. The spotting was on and off for the next day and then stopped completely for a day. Then went back to spotting brown.

March 11th - I got a very faint positive preg test.

Now it is March 12th : I am still spotting brown and I took a pregnancy test and a ovulation test. Please help me depict the results. I see a neg ovulation test? (top test) and a faintly positive pregnancy test?  (bottom)

Please help me understand what could be going on. Shouldn't the preg test get darker if I am pregnant... not lighter? Chem preg maybe?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsA0625
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Could be a chemical.
Lmallonee
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Looks positive? I wouldn't read that much into 1 day difference... Go to the doc and have a blood test!
tasha94952
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Okay thanks ladies :) Just wanted a couple other opinions. I made an appointment and i'll go in next week. :)

tasha94952
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM

one day difference but it's now the 12th and I am still spotting brown. I have never had a period last longer than 6 days. i'm so confused by my body right now. lol

Quoting Lmallonee: Looks positive? I wouldn't read that much into 1 day difference... Go to the doc and have a blood test!

momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Try a different pg test? Gl
justme00
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Never ever judge hormone levels by a pee test.
jamie_lynn0709
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Spottingin early pregnancy can be normal as long as it is not accompanied by pain and the bleeding doesn't increase. I would still call your dr and let them know what is going on so they can get you in for a blood test and monitor your levels to see if they are going up or not.

mommy211983
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My lines differed from test to test. I freaked out because my 3rd test was lighter. I am 15 weeks and doing great! I also had spotting around 6 weeks and was diagnosed as threatened miscarriage but things were ok. Spotting happens to a lot of women while pregnant.
mommy211983
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Also brown is old blood which is a very good sign that nothing is wrong!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)