Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

is it true.... UPDATE

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM
  • 16 Replies
Is it true that it can be harder to see the baby on us at early stages if you're over weight? My friend is about 6 weeks or maybe as far as 7 but they can't see the baby and she was told it was due to her being a little heavy. Is this true?

Well unfortunately my friend called me an hour ago and is in the hospital with am ectopic. Thx ladies for all your help, just wish I was updating with news that they see her baby
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Yes. I'm overweight and all my ultrasounds until 10 1/2 weeks when I lost the baby were all vaginally cause I'm heavier. Makes for extra tissue and fat blocking until your further along. Sucky I know but the vaginal ones aren't as bad cause you get a clear view of your little peanut!

Quoting momof1want1mor: Is it true that it can be harder to see the baby on us at early stages if you're over weight? My friend is about 6 weeks or maybe as far as 7 but they can't see the baby and she was told it was due to her being a little heavy. Is this true?
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:27 PM
When did you finally see your Lil peanut? Bc I'm worried or concerned that she's around 7 weeks and they can't see anything

Quoting Dannimarie418: Yes. I'm overweight and all my ultrasounds until 10 1/2 weeks when I lost the baby were all vaginally cause I'm heavier. Makes for extra tissue and fat blocking until your further along. Sucky I know but the vaginal ones aren't as bad cause you get a clear view of your little peanut!

Quoting momof1want1mor: Is it true that it can be harder to see the baby on us at early stages if you're over weight? My friend is about 6 weeks or maybe as far as 7 but they can't see the baby and she was told it was due to her being a little heavy. Is this true?
kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM
It's very true. I saw my baby vaginally at 8 weeks. Probably could have before too. Saw it normally too, but it was hard to see.
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:34 PM
So should she be concerned that they don't see it yet? She's between 6 and 7 weeks

Quoting kaybri2012: It's very true. I saw my baby vaginally at 8 weeks. Probably could have before too. Saw it normally too, but it was hard to see.
kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:37 PM
She should at least see something vaginally unless she ovulated late and isn't as far along. Stranger things have happened.
lost2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:39 PM
I not sure how heavy your friend is but with my first u/s I was around 199 and at six weeks they saw the sac but had to do a vaginal u/s (which doesn't hurt btw) to see that baby. The same went for a 7 week u/s in the ER. I was 19 weeks for my anatomy and they had no problem seeing the baby.
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:43 PM
She's about 210 which is smaller than me lol but I'm concerned they can't find anything and I think they're doing the vaginal ultrasound

Quoting lost2013: I not sure how heavy your friend is but with my first u/s I was around 199 and at six weeks they saw the sac but had to do a vaginal u/s (which doesn't hurt btw) to see that baby. The same went for a 7 week u/s in the ER. I was 19 weeks for my anatomy and they had no problem seeing the baby.
TwoLittleFrogs
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Is it possible she's not yet six weeks along? Vaginal U/S should show something by then.

Quoting momof1want1mor: She's about 210 which is smaller than me lol but I'm concerned they can't find anything and I think they're doing the vaginal ultrasound
Quoting lost2013: I not sure how heavy your friend is but with my first u/s I was around 199 and at six weeks they saw the sac but had to do a vaginal u/s (which doesn't hurt btw) to see that baby. The same went for a 7 week u/s in the ER. I was 19 weeks for my anatomy and they had no problem seeing the baby.

Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:53 AM
At 6 weeks there was a gestational sack and yolk sack. And at 8 weeks there was my baby. And at 10 the heartbeat was gone but these were all done vaginally. That's how most obs do it for the first 8-10 weeks was what I was told.

Quoting momof1want1mor: When did you finally see your Lil peanut? Bc I'm worried or concerned that she's around 7 weeks and they can't see anything

Quoting Dannimarie418: Yes. I'm overweight and all my ultrasounds until 10 1/2 weeks when I lost the baby were all vaginally cause I'm heavier. Makes for extra tissue and fat blocking until your further along. Sucky I know but the vaginal ones aren't as bad cause you get a clear view of your little peanut!

elmoslittlesist
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Not for me..I'm overweight and I seen and heard both of my babies at 6 weeks.My weight was never a problem :-/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN