Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive
Is it true that it can be harder to see the baby on us at early stages if you're over weight? My friend is about 6 weeks or maybe as far as 7 but they can't see the baby and she was told it was due to her being a little heavy. Is this true?

Well unfortunately my friend called me an hour ago and is in the hospital with am ectopic. Thx ladies for all your help, just wish I was updating with news that they see her baby
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Replies (11-16):
Audrey2013
by Audrey on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Vaginal they should see at least the sac at 5 weeks.... I.was 250 with my dd in 2010, first u/s was TV.around 8 weeks .next was TA at 12 weeks
DMD6813
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:50 AM
I believe early on they do vaginal u/s. I am normal weight had one at 6 weeks and could actually see the heart beat flickering then and then 8wks 2days HB was clear as ever and beating away. Both mine were vaginal U/S. Next will be normal one
irisha26
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM
If the us is vaginal they should see a sac. Weight is only an issue when doing abdominal us.

Quoting momof1want1mor: Is it true that it can be harder to see the baby on us at early stages if you're over weight? My friend is about 6 weeks or maybe as far as 7 but they can't see the baby and she was told it was due to her being a little heavy. Is this true?
sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I am overweight and they had no problem seeing the baby early at 6 weeks. That was on the belly.
ajzuell
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting elmoslittlesist: Not for me..I'm overweight and I seen and heard both of my babies at 6 weeks.My weight was never a problem :-/

Same here!

momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Bump for update
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)