Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Sooo frustrated

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:03 AM
  • 7 Replies
So my egg retrieval for IVF was last Monday they pulled 11 eggs 7 were mature 6 fertilized. They were doing amazing so we were scheduled for Sat for a day 5 transfer. The am comes we get there the tech says we need to scan your ovaries which is new to me bc I've done this twice before never a scan prior too. Ultrasound tells tech her ovaries are too big. Back to the pre op room the twit tech says right before slapping the extra small Bp cuff on me our transfer will likely be cancelled and embryos frozen! Than takes my Bp which was high...gee I wonder why? Dumb tech she knew I have anxiety issues. So I'm frantically crying my husband is dumbfounded. The Dr comes in and says yea I'm not going to transfer them with your ovaries that big bc you hAve OHSS and high Bp. I told him to transfer my embryos to my old Dr bc he would do it he said that's not wise than stopped addressing me & addressed my husband and told him we had to go straight to the ER to get treatment for the Bp. I was just so devastated I didn't stop crying for hours till they gave me a shot of Ativan & I slept the rest of the day. Ended up back there around midnight for pain my ovaries were the size of baseballs. So now I have to wait for them to shrink get a period before I can start Meds for a FET providing our embryos thaw ok. We had 2 grade a& b blasts. That were to be transferred after that there's 3 more their blasts but no clue what grade. This wouldn't be so worrisome if not for the fact were moving in the next month out of state. I'm being brought in today to see where my hormones are they may jump start my period. I don't get how supposedly the best Of the best in IVF can cause OHSS he should've coasted me. I just ache to be pg & give my daughter a sibling. It's just not fair going through all the infertility to have it dashed when you did everything you were told to do. I keep getting angry & sad it comes & goes. Of course I have great supportive friends than I have ignorant family who just say adopt. Um why don't you tell your children to adopt. Adoption isn't just for infertile people. Thanks for listening to my vent. It's also hard to lay around with my 5 yr old on spring break but a Drs orders.
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ElloOu
by Jessica on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM
I'm sorry girl, that is certainly a lot going on for you. I hope your body is at ease, and they can start the ivf for you soon..Would be nice to know you're preggers before your big move :)
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:53 AM

If your ovaries are that big then you should have been admitted to the hospital. What clinic are you going to? Reason Im asking because you said best of the best. Im sorry you are going through this but you have 7 embryos waiting on you when you are feeling better. Good luck and fx for a bfp.

tluvsd2
by TONI on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:51 PM
AWWWW IM SOOOO SORRY SWEETY HUGS THAT'S ALOT I HOPE U GET TO FEELN BETTER SOON AND GET YOUR SWEET MIRACLE!:)
lilGsmomma
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Hugs
Want2BeAMommy14
by Jazmin on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Hugs hun. Hope everything starts to look up for u.
SoCalTx
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:29 PM
First thank you everyone. This has been a bad week. I'm back in the ER for severe right side pain & a fever. I don't know why he didn't admitt me it baffles me beyond belief. Dr Charles Miller in Naperviille IL he has a 86% sucess rate under 35 and is world renowned but his bedside manner sucks!! I'm now realizing it's a number game to him. That's it. We will not be doing our FET with him. Our move is happening in the next month & I'm thrilled to be close to friends & parents. It will be a better environment. So were having them transferred to AZ for our FET.

Quoting hypnautica:

If your ovaries are that big then you should have been admitted to the hospital. What clinic are you going to? Reason Im asking because you said best of the best. Im sorry you are going through this but you have 7 embryos waiting on you when you are feeling better. Good luck and fx for a bfp.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Have you ever looked up clinics through sart.org? That is the only way to know for sure of a clinics success rate. Their live birth rate needs to be over 40% and higher and the amount of cycles needs to be 120 or over that's for 35 and younger. Looking at their birth rate it's 45% which is ok. The top clinics in the US is around 60%. Good luck on your FET and I hope the clinic in AZ is a lot better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN