Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Freaking out! I think I'm having a Chemical :( UPDATE

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:01 PM
  • 31 Replies
According to my last period I'm about 4 weeks along however I have irregular/long periods so I don't know how accurate that is.
I tested positive Saturday and Sunday (22nd and 23rd) the 2 cheapies were really faint and the 1 FRER was darker and very clear but still on the faint side(if that makes sense)
I have pretty constant but mild nausea, cramps which at times feels like AF but other times is a full feeling in my uterus. I also feel very mild pressure. Lastly my boobs are very tender.
Now this morning I decided to take my last FRER to see if the line would be darker. Well it was barely there. I got a little worried and went to the store for a digital. Came home to take it which was 2 1/2 hours after my last test and it says a big fat Not Pregnant. I broke down crying. I have no bleeding but my cramping is still there and at times today it's been intense. I'm very tired and Breast are still sore, even look/feel bigger. And I'm sick off and on. While cooking dinner my back started hurting all over.
I really don't know what to think or do. My doc appointment isn't till the end of April. I have one more digital left but I'm to scared to take another test.
Anyone have something similar happen to them? Or have any suggestions. I'm sorry if I rambled. I'm mobile/stressed/very sleepy.

UPDATE
I lost the baby. I started bleeding heavy this morning and I'm cramping so bad. I'm crushed but starting to feel a little better about it.
This is my first chemical. About how long will I bleed? Right now it's really heavy and I'm passing small clots. Also did it mess anyone's cycles up? I'm not regular but I do ovulate every month. Cycles are between 28 to 38 days. Also I wanted to thank everyone for helping me out. Looks like I'm back to TTC but I promise myself I won't test early next time. This experience has been so heartbreaking!!
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThatsHeart19
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM
It might be that it's too early to test I didn't pop positive on a digital until today and I popped on a frer but faintly when I was 5/6 weeks , I would take another free to check to see if it's darker
courtAKAmommy
by Courtney on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Thanks for your reply. This is getting expensive lol
I pray I'm just too early and my levels are jumping. I may go to the local health department tomorrow.

Quoting ThatsHeart19: It might be that it's too early to test I didn't pop positive on a digital until today and I popped on a frer but faintly when I was 5/6 weeks , I would take another free to check to see if it's darker
StaciF
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Urine could have been more diluted and the digis are 50miu which is as much As 4x a frer
ThatsHeart19
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah I know! Before I got pregnant I stick piled tests! Online is cheaper

Quoting courtAKAmommy: Thanks for your reply. This is getting expensive lol
I pray I'm just too early and my levels are jumping. I may go to the local health department tomorrow.

Quoting ThatsHeart19: It might be that it's too early to test I didn't pop positive on a digital until today and I popped on a frer but faintly when I was 5/6 weeks , I would take another free to check to see if it's darker
keelee76
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah unless it said early hpt then a digital you might have to wait a day or two
lost2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I did not get a positive on a digital until a week after getting positives on FRER.
vkp23
by Virginia on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Are you sure the frer was lighter?  It really all depends. It could be that there just wasn't enough hcg for the digital. But if you frer get lighter and lighter til they are neg then it is a chemical :( it can take a few days for symptoms to subside. I'm sorry hon. There is no way to tell for sure unless you keep testing or call your roc and explain what's going on and ask for a beta hcg blood draw. Good luck. I hope everything is ok. I know how hard it is. I just had my second chemical in a row. :( hugs

courtAKAmommy
by Courtney on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I didn't know that. I knew it wasn't as sensitive but not by how much. Thanks

Quoting StaciF: Urine could have been more diluted and the digis are 50miu which is as much As 4x a frer
StaciF
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Idouble check me but I've heard of frers picking up as early as 12 but even at 20 it's still 2.5x less than a digi at 50. Fx it gets darker!!

Quoting courtAKAmommy: I didn't know that. I knew it wasn't as sensitive but not by how much. Thanks

Quoting StaciF: Urine could have been more diluted and the digis are 50miu which is as much As 4x a frer
Kisaki.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:54 PM
u better relax all this stress is for sure not good for ur baby!

everything will be ok i also had af cramps when i find out im pregnant so dont worry!

fx for u and ur baby and good luck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN