Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

trying to get pregnant with second child after infertility.

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:16 AM
  • 2 Replies
Hi my name is Ames and glad to be in this support group! I have a 23 month old son and I am trying to conceive for baby #2. I tried to get pregnant for 7 yrs on my own before going through fertility treatment. After a year of fertility meds and iui I got pregnant with my son who will be 2 next month:-) I have been going through fertility treatment the last year with 4 failed iui's and no pregnancy. Had laprascopy surgery done in november of 2013 and found out my right tube is totally blocked. My left tube has some scar tissue. Will go back in a few months for further testing and possible another surgery to unblock tubes. Any advice for me would be greatly appreciated. Has any one ever got pregnant with only 1 tube? Has anyone had laparascopy surgery to remove scar tissue from tubes and was able to concieve? Any input would be great. Really want to be able to give my son a brother or sister someday:-)
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momto3B
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:43 AM

I had one fully blocked tube and one 80%, Because I was already over 40, my doctor bypassed  trying to unblock my tubes and went straght to IVF. 4 failed rounds later, we proceeded with adoption and viola, I was pregnant, over 40 blocked tubes and all - no fertility. 

No real advice other then to keep doing what you are doing and if at all possible - try to focus on other things. Sounds silly, but I really do believe that I was able to conceive once I stopped focusing on it. I honstly believe that the IVF did not work for the same reason, it was so all consuimg and stressful. 

Best of luck. 

ames26
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Thank you very much! Congrats on your pregnancy that is wonderful:-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)