Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

CONSTIPATED AND 12 WEEKS PREGNANT

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:49 AM
  • 12 Replies
I am 12 weeks pregnant and miserably constipated. Any suggestions??? And what is safe to use during pregnancy. .. thankyou ladies......
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:23 AM
Pear juice worked well for me, postpartum. It sucks, I know. Hope you find some relief.
Mom2five87
by Jen on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:55 AM
I had that problem with my last pregnancy. I took stool softener gel caps with breakfast and dinner and used fiber powder in my drinks a few times a day (every day). That is what worked for me.
bby4lydia
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Colace you can get it from your ob or at walmart next to the fiber powders just take one and it really helps
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:49 PM
You can use colace while pregnant..I had to tske it most of my first and second trimester
soitistrue143
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Are u drinking plenty of water, i was constipated and started drinking more water eatting less carbs with in 3 days started to get back to normal!!!! Oh i started walking everyday for about 30 min also!!
cececharisse12
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:30 PM
i JUST got over from being constiptated..I made a cocktail that my doctor recommended..she said do 2 parts white grapes juice(preferably juicy juice or welchs) and 1 part prune juice..heat it up alittle and just wait! lol i felt so relieved...also while drinking that i also had lots of water and lots of leafy greens..and a little trick that always works is boiling cabbage..goodluck love!!
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM
TONS of water and dulcolax stool softener work for me. I'm 23 weeks pregnant and there are times where I've been constipated for 5 days! OMG! Lol it's awful. But maybe a cup of coffee or juice would help ? You can always call your OB and ask what they suggest as far as laxatives.
Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Lots of water and try not to have too much of plugging foods like cheese and bananas. I'm 20 weeks and constipated all the time.
tluvsd2
by TONI on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:08 PM
LOTS OF WATER AND 2 GLASSES OF PRUNE JUICE!;)
Tia_23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Thanks for all the input guys. Ill defenitly be giving s9me of these a go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN