Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

False positive? Or not positive at all?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hello everyone!

My last menstrual was January 12th of this year, and I have not had one spot since then. I thought I was pregnant early February, because I had 7 faint positives, but apparently, the doc said, I wasn't pregnant at all. I am having faint positives again, and just want to know if it's completely in my head?? Can you please tell me your honest opinion if you see anything? I am tired of driving poor DH nuts. Thank you for your time :)

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strawberry811
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes i see 2 pink lines baby dust to u fx

Quoting natraschelle:

Hello everyone!

My last menstrual was January 12th of this year, and I have not had one spot since then. I thought I was pregnant early February, because I had 7 faint positives, but apparently, the doc said, I wasn't pregnant at all. I am having faint positives again, and just want to know if it's completely in my head?? Can you please tell me your honest opinion if you see anything? I am tired of driving poor DH nuts. Thank you for your time :)

keelee76
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea me too 2lines
MrsCissel2011
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:35 PM
I see them but they are not accurate once you take the test apart. Did you get a picture prior to opening them? How long after you took the test did you take the picture. I think you should retest and take a picture within 5-7minutes and not take it apart. Taking them apart causes Evans and false positives.
Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe they are still accurate after opening them and I do see two lines. I know people who have got a series of faint positives and it's usually a chemical. So you just never get a period? What led you to test?
dj_kern
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I see two lines, looks positive to me. If I were you I would retest and get blood work done.
sammybear31
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

looks pos to me.

natraschelle
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Quoting Kaybean: I believe they are still accurate after opening them and I do see two lines. I know people who have got a series of faint positives and it's usually a chemical. So you just never get a period? What led you to test?

I have PCOS, so I am usually not regular. Sometimes I will go 7 plus months without a period and not be pregnant. Usually, that would be great, but it just puts my hormones more out of whack. I tested because I keep having crazy symptoms of pregnancy. I have two living children, I had 1 recorded miscarriage at 3 months before as well. DH and I just don't know what to do with my hormones.

lovleopards
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Looks positive to me
natraschelle
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Quoting MrsCissel2011: I see them but they are not accurate once you take the test apart. Did you get a picture prior to opening them? How long after you took the test did you take the picture. I think you should retest and take a picture within 5-7minutes and not take it apart. Taking them apart causes Evans and false positives.

I took it apart just to make sure I was seeing the line, I could put it up against a light that way. There have been 7 positives, so I don't think taking one apart did not matter much? I could be wrong?

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Those test always give lines if you open them. If you got positives in feb and your doc said you are Not pregnant you might need to go back in. There was a bad batch of frer some time ago.

Try using a different brand and don't take them apart, but I suggest you see your doctor...
Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)