Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The yogurt debate - organic, full fat, non fat, and non-dairy. Chime in.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am really into Greek yogurt, although I know not all of them are created the same.I have endometriosis and know that they say avoiding dairy is good, so I use almond milk. However, they also say processed soy is not any good. Since yogurt is one of the better things I eat, I am wondering if I should go with So Delicous - which is non dairy yogurt sometimes made from coconut milk or organic Greek yogurt. I have read going with full fat is better then going with non fat.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tryingfor7
by Amber on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM
I like the regular ol full fat yogurt! Yummy!!!
olivejuice2
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Full fat for sure! Organic is probably better, too. Fewer hormones and antibiotics.
bby4lydia
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Greek yogurt! Dh got it one day by accident and ive been addicted!
mamatink7
by Franceska on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM

check silk greek yogurt, know coconut yogurt is good too...you are right, fat is better than 0% (generally i can only find 2% or 0% though)

my dr wanted me to have greek yogurt because higher protein and extra calcium + the fruit that is in there also

i am limited to kinds as well due to being allergic to sucralose, fructose (anything sugar free) 

ElloOu
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Always try to buy organic, whether going for traditional yogurt or Greek. I've been opting for a store brand (Publix) that is organic..it's so good! If you could use less Fay in your diet, don't get a full-fat yogurt though, it has way more calories and fat than we need from one small container of yogurt, lol.
StaciF
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Organic, grass fed, full fat :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)