Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stage One: Fall Apart

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:23 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

Just sent my husband off to work (we both work night shift). I told him the doctor's office called and said I didn't ovulate. He was supportive, but I did my best to hold myself together so he wouldn't feel like he had to stay and make himself late for work.

He hadn't even made it out the driveway before I lost my composure.

I ovulated my first round of clomid at 50 mg, but no BFP. I didn't ovulate the next round so they doubled my dose. This was my first round at 100 mg and I didn't ovulate. I just don't understand... How will I ever have a baby if I can't even lay a damn egg? What is wrong with me?

Tonight will be girl time with my aunt followed by cookie dough and a large quantity of alcohol. I feel so beaten down...

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Becky on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I'm so sorry!! Hugs!
MrsCissel2011
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM

I am sorry=(. Do not give up it will happen♥

Mama.In.Waiting
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:48 AM
Thanks. I'm genuinely starting to doubt it. IVF won't even work if I'm not producing eggs, you know? Best case I can imagine for myself is I eventually break down and use another woman's egg to mix with my husband's sperm and then hope they can put it inside me so I can carry another woman's genetic material to term. I don't even know if I can maintain a pregnancy because I can't ovulate

Quoting MrsCissel2011:

I am sorry=(. Do not give up it will happen♥

Mama.In.Waiting
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:49 AM
Thanks. I just feel crushed. Decided to stay at my aunt's tonight for company, but she's too busy texting her new boyfriend to bother talking to me

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2: I'm so sorry!! Hugs!
Peterrabbit
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:37 AM
Very sorry. Try not to give up hope
Mama.In.Waiting
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:55 AM
It's getting hard. I have officially met the "infertility" mark. This was my 12th month ttc with no success. I feel broken

Quoting Peterrabbit: Very sorry. Try not to give up hope
diamondprnces
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:17 AM

I am so very sorry.  Were they monitoring your blood during your cycle ? If they were that should give you a good idea of why you are not ovulating . 

Mama.In.Waiting
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:00 AM
No. I take clomid days 5-9 and then have blood drawn on cd 23. The end. Starting to feel like they aren't doing enough. I'm so tired of trying... I'm ready for my turn. Instead of taking a step forward, I'm standing still

Quoting diamondprnces:

I am so very sorry.  Were they monitoring your blood during your cycle ? If they were that should give you a good idea of why you are not ovulating . 

diamondprnces
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you should try a monitored clomid cycle . When I asked the ladies about it they told me to try a monitored cycle first just to see how my body would respond to everything and then switch to unmonitored cycles . I'm glad I listened because without the extra estrogen provided by the clomid my lining would not have been thick enough to support implantation . My doctor had planned to add estrogen in addition to the clomid for my next cycle but I got a positive . The bloodwork also showed  my lh didn't surge high enough ( even though my opk was positive ) the blood work said something different . I had to take a trigger shot to o properly 

ElloOu
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Are there tests you can have done that may be able to figure out why you're not ovulating?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)