Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

TTC second baby

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM
  • 10 Replies
We had to go through infertility to get my son. I've heard it's easier to get pregnant with the second baby? We'd like to avoid going to infertility if possible... I responded well to the meds I was on and we conceived twins (though lost one early on). As much as I would love any baby I have, I'm not sure I want to risk twins again...
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Are you tracking your cycle? Do you think you're ovulating? 

Pmomma97
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:07 PM
I am in the same boat.. Conceived my daughter on meds and we are TTC #2 and I REALLY don't want the meds again.. Even though it was very successful and fine.. I just would love to conceive on our own :( best wishes to you!! Hope they are right when they say second one is easier to conceive!
Peterrabbit
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Conceived my first ntturally and tried for eight years for the second. I just finished first iui. All I am trying to say is determine how long your willing to wait
JessLTerry
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It took my cousin 5 years to coneive her first, but she eventually got pregnant with him, and now has 7kids, never had a problem after her first!! 4 Boys and 3 girls!

4ever_a_memory
by Casey on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM
I'm in the opposite boat I was able to conceive my daughter no problem but am now having to see infertility to conceive the 2nd. Hope you have good luck and baby dust.
PeppyInPink
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Welcome & good luck.
Radellia
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM
I've been breastfeeding my son since birth, he's nearly 14 months now. I went 11 months without a period at all. Since it returned, it's been within a few days of 30 day cycle. I haven't been taking temps, I always forget in the morning, so I'm not 100% sure if I'm ovulating, but I don't know why I wouldn't be.

TTC the first time, I had a slight hormone imbalance which was corrected with a med. I also took a low dose of clomid, has an HSG done, and triggered my ovulation for precise timing with an HCG shot.

Quoting VinVanMom:

Want2BeAMommy14
by Jazmin on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:36 PM
What meds did you take for hormonal balance?

Quoting Radellia: I've been breastfeeding my son since birth, he's nearly 14 months now. I went 11 months without a period at all. Since it returned, it's been within a few days of 30 day cycle. I haven't been taking temps, I always forget in the morning, so I'm not 100% sure if I'm ovulating, but I don't know why I wouldn't be.

TTC the first time, I had a slight hormone imbalance which was corrected with a med. I also took a low dose of clomid, has an HSG done, and triggered my ovulation for precise timing with an HCG shot.

Quoting VinVanMom:

Radellia
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:55 PM
I don't really remember, I think it was dexamethazone? I don't remember what hormone it was correcting either

Quoting Want2BeAMommy14: What meds did you take for hormonal balance?

Quoting Radellia: I've been breastfeeding my son since birth, he's nearly 14 months now. I went 11 months without a period at all. Since it returned, it's been within a few days of 30 day cycle. I haven't been taking temps, I always forget in the morning, so I'm not 100% sure if I'm ovulating, but I don't know why I wouldn't be.

Quoting VinVanMom:

marr1182
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Similar boat here. Conceived my daughter with Meds, but second time ttc not so lucky.  We have tried even more Meds than before and longer but with no luck =(

The biggest hesitation for me is the possiblitlity of another m/c. I have had three already and not sure I can handle another.

We are now trying to decide if we will continue our efforts.

Best of luck to everyone on their journeys. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN