Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Just needing support

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 5:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
I've been trying a few months now to get pregnant and it just isn't happening. I'm trying not to get to down about it, but it's hard! I feel like we are trying everything. We both have a child from previous marriages, and had no problem conceiving those children, so I don't understand. I'm going to start charting. Any other advice? What do you ladies do to keep yourselves calm and distracted? How long did it take you to conceive?

Side note: I was on birth control, but only for about a month. How long does it take for that to get out of your system?
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Give it time. It takes a healthy couple an average of a year to get pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't think it'd take very long for bc to leave your system when its only been 1 month.

Even though you both have other children & it wasn't hard to get pregnant with them doesn't mean things haven't changed for one or both of you.  You're both older now, which can make it harder.

Charting is a good idea.  To stay calm & distracted - find other things to do.  Hobbies, work, stuff with your kids, projects around the house etc.

MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Trying is always a little hard, right from day 1. My first pregnancy took years to achieve. Then with my 2nd I only tried for 3 months and I was almost out of my mind frustrated by the time I found out I was pregnant.

Now I've been trying for 2 months again and I'm already frustrated and crabby about trying, lol.

Currently, I track my cycles. It that doesn't work in a few months I'll start temping and go from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tcjadm
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM
I'm sorry, this may be a dumb question but what's temping? I've heard others say it.
Brycesmom2010
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Temping is taking your temperature around the same time every single morning before you even get out of bed.  It's a way to see if you are ovulating or not without peeing on a predictor stick every day.  I have just started doing this so I don't know much about it yet.    

Quoting Tcjadm: I'm sorry, this may be a dumb question but what's temping? I've heard others say it.

kaybayblee3
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Give it time. It took my husband and I over a year to get our first, 3 months to get our second, and about 5 months for our third. I used fertilityfriend.com, BBT, and preseed with everyone

JessLTerry
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM

just started a new group , add :)

ttcOwner of Heartbreak Healers

heres a link :: www.cafemom.com/groups/heartbreakhealers

jjknue
by Jes on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:43 AM
Ok what type of bc were you on? Also has it been a year of trying or just a few months. It is said on average it takes a normal couple a year to conceive. Don't get me wrong I was going nuts when it didn't happen the first few months for me. I started charting temping (which is when you have a Basel body thermometer) using opks to track ovulation and I even started checking cm and my cervix. I was so determined. I think the biggest thing is to relax and not stress.
Tcjadm
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I was on oethotricyclene (so) and its just been a few months. I know that's not that long, but it's still frustrating lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)