Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

6 weeks no heartbeat?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:01 AM
  • 45 Replies
Hi Ladies! I am measuring 6 weeks pregnant ( thought I was 7 weeks from LMP) and there was no heartbeat found on my ultrasound on Monday. The dr is having me go back tomorrow which is making me really nervous. Anyone been through this before?
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:37 AM
Unfortunately yeah. I went for my 10 week check up and the couldn't find the heartbeat. Went to the hospital the next day to their ultrasound people and they confirmed baby passed at 8 weeks. :/ hope that's not the case.
lovleopards
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
When I went in at 6 weeks there was no heartbeat, went in a week later an they found one. I'm now 27 weeks an baby is healthy
MiMi.
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:54 AM
I went at 6 ish weeks and they could not see a heart beat. They did a transvaginal one (same day) and there his little heart beat was. Was yours an abdominal scan or transvaginal?
Katie_Messier
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:56 AM
It's still so early that it can be super hard to detect other than vaginally... Good luck!!!
irisha26
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:42 AM
It happened to me w my first. Dr took hcg and next one in 2 days to make sure it's doubling. We saw the heartbeat after 7 weeks. She is 9 years old now. Gl to you.

Quoting LJGmommy: Hi Ladies! I am measuring 6 weeks pregnant ( thought I was 7 weeks from LMP) and there was no heartbeat found on my ultrasound on Monday. The dr is having me go back tomorrow which is making me really nervous. Anyone been through this before?
noey31308
by Noelle on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Dont get disxoraged just yet. I went into the hopital at what i thought was 6 weeks cuz i was dehydrated they did us ro check baby t here was no hd and no baby in sack so they told me i was miscarrying went back a week later and there was hb and baby i was actually only 4 weks at tge hospital .. you may have o' d later then ypu thought. I am now 21 weeks witha healthy baby boy.
Jewels11
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I saw and heard my 2nd son's heart beat on ultrasound at 6 weeks 4 days. That was the earliest I've had a ultrasound. I had the ultrasound early cause my period was August, but I got positive pregnancy tests and conceived in Oct so we wanted to check how far along I was.

Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Yep and it was a miscarriage. Hopefully that's not the case for you but it's possible. That could be why you're measuring behind and there's no HB. Please update us.
kaybayblee3
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Yep. I went into my 8th week ultrasound and the baby was only measuring 6 wks. Also there was no heart rate. They drew my levels and confirmed that the baby had passed. I've heard it people having a healthy baby as they couldn't see the heartrate since they had a tipped uterus or something...but just be prepared =(

tluvsd2
by TONI on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
YOU JUST COULD BE EARLY SWEETY PRAYN FOR U!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)