Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Drinking and TTC???

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM
  • 21 Replies

So I really feel like I need a big glass of wine today after work, but I am hesitant about drinking while TTC.  I am not a big drinker, like a glass of wine here and there, cant remember the last time I even had a buzz?  Im just wondering if its a bad idea, I took last clomid pill yesterday and not supposed to O until next thursday/friday.

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaykay61713
by Shelby on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont see the big deal with a glad of wine. I have one every once in a while. It helps me relax and enjoy some me time because I do it when everyone is in bed. Lol I babysit a bunch of kids and its much needed ssome days. But if im no help here is a bump anyways!
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:11 PM
4 moms liked this

I personally think you're fine to drink (esp the amount you're mentioning) until you get a BFP.  It takes weeks before the baby is getting anything through the umbilical cord/placenta anyway - for the first bit, the baby gets everything it needs from itself (I'm not explaining that well - but the energy needed comes from the developing embryo (or whatever its technical term is) at first).

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:29 PM
5 moms liked this
I drank right up until my dark positives both times. I think stress is more harmful for TTC then a nightly glass of vino. Just my humble opinion :)

Also caffeine is worse because it constricts blood vessels and can rev up stress levels.
diamondprnces
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I asked my doc and she said it's perfectly fine . I had my last glass of wine at 9dpo bfp at 10 dpo

Oldforge001
by Krissy on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Sounds good! Thanks ladies! 

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:16 PM

You are fine if you want a glass of wine. Don't sweat it.

I drank vodka a couple times during my TWW.... LOL 

Stress is worse for you then a glass of wine is.

nadine012
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:54 PM
I would pass for now lol. You don't know how the clomid would react to the wine. Good Luck

Quoting Oldforge001:

So I really feel like I need a big glass of wine today after work, but I am hesitant about drinking while TTC.  I am not a big drinker, like a glass of wine here and there, cant remember the last time I even had a buzz?  Im just wondering if its a bad idea, I took last clomid pill yesterday and not supposed to O until next thursday/friday.

ms_aleah
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I am not a medical person or anything .. and rarely drink even when not ttc but I thought was told if on anything fertility wise should not drink????  I may be wrong but do know that if not a regular drinker (even social type) then it has double the affect when do .. so may have different affect on fertility stuff if body not used to it. 

I been ttc off/on few years and only had 1 drink in that time.  However like I said I rarely drink as is ... less than can count on my hand in typical (non-ttc) year. 

GOOD LUCK

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I've been on Clomid and Femara and still had my nightly glass if wine. No effect. Drinking is fine if it's occasional and not excessive.

Quoting nadine012: I would pass for now lol. You don't know how the clomid would react to the wine. Good Luck

Quoting Oldforge001:

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I had some wine when I conceived and a few days later lol

As long as it won't interfere with meds, a glass or two here and there won't hurt you :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)