Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Cycle Changes In TTC

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi All :)

Normally, I would just leave it at introducting myself in the newby thread, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this, and at least get it off my chest (I don't talk about TTC in my real world).

Without going into all of the details and making this post a short novel-- we went from condom protection to TTC in January and I started taking Pre-Natal vitamins under my doctors recommendation around that time.  Because I am an athlete I chart my cycles (I'm not an elite, so I don't want to lose my cycle to a faster track run!) and have done so for 4 years, including mucus tendencies.  Yes, I charted mucus before TTC because I'm a nut case :).  I have been 27-30 days every cycle for 4 years, the longest being 31 days and I'm pretty sure it was my mistake on the calendar.

In March, I had a 38 day cycle.  After four years of charting and now actively trying and having this be 7 days longer than my longest cycle, I was convinced I was pregnant.  Two days before it did eventually come, I caught a cold.  This month, I woke up with a cold again, on cycle day 29. 

Anyone else have a drastic change in their cycle during TTC?  Would it have something to do with the vitamins? I haven't had any exercise or diet changes or anything else that they say changes your cycle, so I think it's that or that I'm so desperate for a baby I made myself late.

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ms_aleah
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

My thought .... body knowing you are trying something different,(mind vs body), anything else you may be doing differently because are ttc and just coincidence.  In past I used to always get "sick" with either cycle or week supposed to O.  Not full cold or full flu but symptoms and they would either go away with AF or become the real thing... it varied.  I think your counts are different when AF so makes you bit more suseptible.  I now just get headhaches at these two points in my cycle.

This is all just a guess though.  Good Luck.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Vitamins can help your cycle but I'd be surprised if they'd make it be 38 days.

Have the days when you have the mucus change?  Any idea if you're Oing later than normal?

kilikika
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

thanks, ms_aleah (pretty name, by the way).  Maybe it is just coincidence or body knowing something is different.

I will say, I was pretty devastated last month when it went so long :(  I mean, I know it isn't unusual for long periods and 7 days isn't anything to get too concerned about but, it was really hard to have AF come :(. 

Thanks again for your response

kilikika
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Quoting GwenMB:

Have the days when you have the mucus change?  Any idea if you're Oing later than normal?

Last month, no changes in mucus "schedule" except that there was longer dry spell before AF came.  This month, however, I have been having mucus the whole month and it is just now starting to change to the consistency that would normally suggest ovulation, which is so strange at day 29!  I wish my body would just stay normal unless it was actually becoming pregnant... I would like to think I'm pretty reasonable but these changes are making me a bit crazy!

Thank you for your response, Gwen :)

kilikika
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Well, it's day 30 and no sign of AF again.  I am not getting my hopes up this month as the week I would have assumed ovulation was happening my husband was out of town and it wasn't a particularly "active" month, unfortunately, with our busy schedules.  If it's another really long cycle, I may call my doctor and make an appointment to check things out.  It's just odd to have such long cycles out of nowhere, with the only change being a different multivitamin. 

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Quoting kilikika:

Quoting GwenMB:

Last month, no changes in mucus "schedule" except that there was longer dry spell before AF came.  This month, however, I have been having mucus the whole month and it is just now starting to change to the consistency that would normally suggest ovulation, which is so strange at day 29!  I wish my body would just stay normal unless it was actually becoming pregnant... I would like to think I'm pretty reasonable but these changes are making me a bit crazy!

Thank you for your response, Gwen :)

Changes like that would make anyone crazy! I'm not sure what to think except that it might be good to talk to a doctor about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN