Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Y'all might know... Please help!!!! (Embarrassing question alert)

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:42 AM
  • 6 Replies
I know FMU is supposed to be concentrated... I'm starting my 6 hour hold for when I wake up in the morning and was wondering...

A lot of women say they wait for their urine to be dark... Like apple juice looking... So I'm not drinking liquids until I test...

Does dehydration = concentrated??? Is it good to eat something salty so I'm more dehydrated???

Please let me know... Thanks!!!
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kaykay61713
by Shelby on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Dont dehydrate yourself dear. It really isn't good for you. The hold should definitely be enough for you to test. I personally do not recommend you dehydrate yourself for a test. Many women just take fmu and test with that. I didnt get a bfp with my dd with fmu either I got it at 2 pm not even holding. Test with fmu then if you get a bfn then wait and test again. Gl!
kaykay61713
by Shelby on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:49 AM
I should add with my test I never drank many fluids anyways. Im just not a fan of drinking anything. And when I tested my urine definitely was not apple juice color. It was almost a lemon color.

Quoting kaykay61713: Dont dehydrate yourself dear. It really isn't good for you. The hold should definitely be enough for you to test. I personally do not recommend you dehydrate yourself for a test. Many women just take fmu and test with that. I didnt get a bfp with my dd with fmu either I got it at 2 pm not even holding. Test with fmu then if you get a bfn then wait and test again. Gl!
tryingfor7
by Amber on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm why does the end of your post say "report".. Copy n paste much?
No I don't dehydrate yourself
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Lol Smh

Quoting tryingfor7: Hmmm why does the end of your post say "report".. Copy n paste much?
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Concentrated is just from holding it for a long time - like overnight. But you don't want to do anything that is going to dehydrate yourself. No need to eat salty food or deny yourself liquids if you really need them.

Audrey2013
by Audrey on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Haha i didn't even realize that

Quoting tryingfor7: Hmmm why does the end of your post say "report".. Copy n paste much?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)