Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OT: Soft Cups during AF question TMI

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

Am I doing this right??

It says they're supposed to be good for about 12 hours. Today is my first time ever using them. The first one was in about 6 hours with no problem... Then I kind of poked at it (trying not to move it but the box says they work during sex so I was curious) and it started leaking. I got nervous and decided I didn't have it in right so I changed it. 3 hours later, I went to pee and it leaked... Like, a lot. The box said a little in the bathroom was normal, but this was like it had completely sprung a leak.

So do I not have it in right? It doesn't seem like the cup should be full, but as it has leaked before I removed it both times, it's hard to tell. I went ahead and put another in, but I'mm wondering if these things are worth it. What's your experience?

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lockedtite
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:27 AM
You do it's just when you bare down to pee it will spill..you've prob got it right... I like them.. I alternate between those and tampons... Gl
stcy79
by Stacey on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine do the same when i have a heavy flow or if i do anything where I'm engaging all my muscles it will be pushed out from behind my pubic bone and start leaking. I like them better for light days and trapping sperm.lol

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe they're full. I didn't like all the traffic with them my fingers the cups checking things. Didn't seem sterile. I prefer tampons. 

Mama.In.Waiting
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Good to know. Ok. Maybe my flow is just heavier than I realize. I can't feel it at all so I had assumed it was in right

Quoting lockedtite: You do it's just when you bare down to pee it will spill..you've prob got it right... I like them.. I alternate between those and tampons... Gl
anotherandree
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I used to use them. I only remember them leaking when I would bear down to pee or, um, other things. However, I thought taking them out was MESSY. I switch to a DivaCup and I LOVE IT! It's the same idea as the Soft Cup but it's firmer (silicone), and washable. There are 4 tiny holes in the top. They are small enough to not let anything through, but there so there is no suction around your cervix. It makes changing it ALOT less messy! Plus, because they are washable, you don't have to keep buying them each month!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)