Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Haven't posted for some time

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:53 AM
  • 6 Replies
Today I'm three days late. I took prednisone for the last 9 days ( today is the last) I know it can change your cycle. Would only 10 days be enough to change AF with it being so close to my start date? Or could I be lucky. I don't wanna test yet I don't wanna see a big BFN and then have her show up over night like it happens every other time.
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:08 PM

AF is only changed if your O date is changed - unless you're having an annovulatory cycle.  So assuming you have a luteal phase of longer than 10 days (and average is 12-16), I would say the prednisone wouldn't have affected your ovulation date & therefore couldn't affect when AF is due.

However, if you were sick for a few days before getting on the prednisone, its possible that being sick did affect your O date.

Andylund
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:46 PM
It was just for a rash I had

Quoting GwenMB:

AF is only changed if your O date is changed - unless you're having an annovulatory cycle.  So assuming you have a luteal phase of longer than 10 days (and average is 12-16), I would say the prednisone wouldn't have affected your ovulation date & therefore couldn't affect when AF is due.

However, if you were sick for a few days before getting on the prednisone, its possible that being sick did affect your O date.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Sounds like af shouldn't be delayed due to it, then.

Quoting Andylund: It was just for a rash I had
Quoting GwenMB:

Andylund
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:53 PM
That gives me hope :) now I will test

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting GwenMB:

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Good luck!

Quoting Andylund: That gives me hope :) now I will test
Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting GwenMB:

Andylund
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Thank you

Quoting GwenMB:

Good luck!

Quoting Andylund: That gives me hope :) now I will test

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting GwenMB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)