Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

2 MC's now Clomid

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm looking for Clomid stories. All of the statistics seem to be for women who don't ovulate. I have a 2 1/2 year old girl, got pregnant in July 2013 then miscarried in September, got pregnant again in November 2013 and miscarried in Feburary 2014. Bloodwork shows low progesterone so they are starting me on Clomid this coming cycle. If you know you ovulate what are your experiences with Clomid and what were the outcomes (singletons, multiples?). I am 25 and my last miscarriage was really tough on me mentally and I can't see putting myself through more miscarriages knowing it changes the wife and mother that I am. 

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I am very sorry for your losses. :(

I've never gotten pregnant with Clomid, so can't help with that.

I would, though, urge you to get tested for Celiacs.  Repeat miscarriage & unexplained infertility are both signs of Celiacs - some believe that every pregnant woman should be tested.  If you are Celiac, just eating a gluten free diet may be all you need to have a healthy pregnancy.

October is Celiac Awareness Month - undiagnosed Celiac disease is a risk factor for miscarriages & a cause of unexplained infertility. Only 1 out of every 5-6 people with Celiacs have been diagnosed.  csaceliacs.org, celiac.com National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Gwen (44) David (56) Augie (6.5) Alex (5)

Oldforge001
by Krissy on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I am so very sorry about your losses : (

I am a clomid user, just finished my second round.  I do ovulate, timing of it is off , so my Dr. thought clomid would work. I only hear there is a small chance to have multiples while taking clomid, it would be nice to have twins though.

Sorry I cant give you any more info. GL

frenchwendy
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Thank you both. I ovulate late in my cycle (each time I have been pregnant the dates have been off a week or two) they are thinking that the Clomid will help me ovulate when I am suppose to so the lining of my uterus will still be in the right shape to hold a pregnancy. I am still worried about miscarrying even on the clomid. I was reading somewhere that your changes of multiples go up if you already ovulate on your own and are 25 or younger (I am both). Scary! My husband and I both feel it is worth the risk to try for our second child it is just very overwhelming. 

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Sorry about your losses :( Your first one is exactly what I experienced last year - pregnant in July and miscarried in September. I hope Clomid works for you! But I think more important than Clomid (since you seem to be ovulating fine and getting pregnant on your own) is getting a prescription for progesterone supplements to nourish your pregnancies. You should start taking them the day you ovulate until a few weeks into the pregnancy - or even all the way through if you are really low. I would question your doctor more about this.

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Ahhh that makes sense, i.e. using Clomid to ovulate earlier in your cycle. I would still ask about the progesterone supplements though. I took Prometreum after triggering (ovulating) each time.

Quoting frenchwendy:

Thank you both. I ovulate late in my cycle (each time I have been pregnant the dates have been off a week or two) they are thinking that the Clomid will help me ovulate when I am suppose to so the lining of my uterus will still be in the right shape to hold a pregnancy. I am still worried about miscarrying even on the clomid. I was reading somewhere that your changes of multiples go up if you already ovulate on your own and are 25 or younger (I am both). Scary! My husband and I both feel it is worth the risk to try for our second child it is just very overwhelming. 

frenchwendy
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I was told once I got pregnant they would then immediately prescribe the supplements to me. They won't let me take them without taking the clomid first. I was just told to call the day I got my bfp so they could send in the prescription and I would take them from that day until 10weeks in to my pregnancy. 

Lmallonee
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I haven't taken clomid but I take a similar drug. I have no problems ovulating... However my cycles are a little long at times and a little irregular. My first 6 cycles on femera were 28-29 days - compared to on average 36-40 days before.
frenchwendy
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:54 PM

That's good to know. I have long cycles too. Like 35-43 long. 

tluvsd2
by TONI on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
IM SO SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSSES:(BUT GOOD LUCK I HOPE U GET YOUR SWEET LIL MIRACLE!
Mom2five87
by Jen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this
So sorry for your losses.

That sounds about right to me. I have heard if you ovulate late in your cycle you have a higher risk of mc due to the lining not being right.

As for multiples... it COULD happen but Idk if your chances are really A LOT higher. But don't look at it as something to be scared of... think of it as double the blessing :). Im pregnant with my second set of twins and while it can be challenging at times, I wouldn't change a thing!

Quoting frenchwendy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN