Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Soft cup question need advice please

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

Okay this is going to sound a little strange (well for me it does). I have seen many of you wonderful ladies post about Soft cups and using them during TTCing. So I decided that if I don't get my BFP this cycle I am going to "try" them next cycle along with preseed. I've been looking Soft Cups up online to try to figure out how to use them. Now this is were it gets strange....Its all confusing to me! I have only switched to tampons a few years ago. I've tried tampons before, but it hurt (I did not know how to properly put them in and I have scare tissue in that area from past abuse...TMI sorry). So as I am reading, they are not put in like tampons you are suppose to push them straight back and up a little bit if I am reading this correctly. Then I also read that you should ask your doctor if you should use them if you have a tilted uterus. I was told when I was pregnant with my first two that my uterus was tilted. I really don't feel like having to go into see my doctor to ask this question. Any of you ladies have a tilted uterus and still use them? I will not be using them during AF as I will stick with the tampons for now. Also has anyone used preseed before? I read preseed helps provide sperm the fluids to get to the egg, does this also help if they are not very good swimmers also? We are unsure how my DH is as we would like to keep trying on our own before he gets checked out.

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I have a tilted uterus and have used them. I'm not sure why a tilted uterus would matter.

Preseed is good if you are lacking fertile cm.

Heart4family
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I was not sure why it would mater either, but it states in the FAQ that I was reading. Thank you, I think I am going to try them this next cycle if I don't get my BFP.

Quoting GwenMB:

I have a tilted uterus and have used them. I'm not sure why a tilted uterus would matter.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Is it possible for you to contact the author of the FAQ and ask why it matters?  I'd be curious to find out.

Quoting Heart4family:

I was not sure why it would mater either, but it states in the FAQ that I was reading. Thank you, I think I am going to try them this next cycle if I don't get my BFP.

Quoting GwenMB:

Heart4family
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

They have "ask the doctor" section so I just submitted the question. I will let you know once I get a response

Quoting GwenMB:

Is it possible for you to contact the author of the FAQ and ask why it matters?  I'd be curious to find out.

Quoting Heart4family:

Quoting GwenMB:

Heart4family
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Here is the response I got back

Thank you for writing to Softcup! The reason we ask to consult with your doctor is because every women's anatomy is different. Even though we have had women tell us that they can use Softcup with the tilted uterus, it might not be true in every case.
Thanks,
Taj

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Heart4family:

Quoting GwenMB:

stcy79
by Stacey on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Mine is tilted and im using 1 right now. Just pop it in and push it up right past ur pubic bone. I put conceive plus in mine b4 putting it in.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

Heart4family
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM

What is conceive plus?

Quoting stcy79: Mine is tilted and im using 1 right now. Just pop it in and push it up right past ur pubic bone. I put conceive plus in mine b4 putting it in.

stcy79
by Stacey on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Its like preseed but it has magnesium and I think something else that sperm thrive on. Plus it coast the same as preseed but I got like1 or1.5 oz more with CP

uote name="Heart4family" id="0"]

What is conceive plus?

Quoting stcy79: Mine is tilted and im using 1 right now. Just pop it in and push it up right past ur pubic bone. I put conceive plus in mine b4 putting it in.

Heart4family
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I will have to check into this to. At this point I am willing to try anything :). I just need to get DH something to help boost his sperm also. Not even sure if its a problem, but it wont hurt to try right?

Quoting stcy79: Its like preseed but it has magnesium and I think something else that sperm thrive on. Plus it coast the same as preseed but I got like1 or1.5 oz more with CP uote name="Heart4family" id="0"]

What is conceive plus?

stcy79
by Stacey on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't think it would hurt but I know nothing about what to do for sperm. Gl on getting bfp soon!

uote name="Heart4family" id="0"]

I will have to check into this to. At this point I am willing to try anything :). I just need to get DH something to help boost his sperm also. Not even sure if its a problem, but it wont hurt to try right?

Quoting stcy79: Its like preseed but it has magnesium and I think something else that sperm thrive on. Plus it coast the same as preseed but I got like1 or1.5 oz more with CP uote name="Heart4family" id="0"]

What is conceive plus?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN