Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Poll for softcups**Did a tid-bit of research**

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: How long do you leave your softcups in after sex?

Options:

1hr or less

2-4hrs

6 or more

dont use them

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

I cant find anything that suggests softcups kill sperm and they are not FDA approved but they have filed to get approved for TTC and are waiting for a response from the FDA.(I thought they where but I must have miss read it) There are alot of success stories with softcups online.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stcy79
by Stacey on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:54 PM

BUMP!

tasha_salazar
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I always left mine in the 12 hours recommended, however...I told my gyno about them and he suggest to stop using them cause the chemicals they are made with, and packaging chemicals they come in can kill the sperm. So I haven't used them since for sex, just af.
stcy79
by Stacey on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:03 PM

B4 i started using them I did a little bit of research and it said they where FDA for ttc? Think its a lie? i dont wanna kill the sperm! I do rub conceive plus all over it b4 i put it in.

Quoting tasha_salazar: I always left mine in the 12 hours recommended, however...I told my gyno about them and he suggest to stop using them cause the chemicals they are made with, and packaging chemicals they come in can kill the sperm. So I haven't used them since for sex, just af.

tasha_salazar
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk, I'd have to do more research. I was skeptical myself at first when I pulled it outta the package and it had such a potent smell to it, like rubber/chemical smell so I'm not too sure honestly

Quoting stcy79:

B4 i started using them I did a little bit of research and it said they where FDA for ttc? Think its a lie? i dont wanna kill the sperm! I do rub conceive plus all over it b4 i put it in.

Quoting tasha_salazar: I always left mine in the 12 hours recommended, however...I told my gyno about them and he suggest to stop using them cause the chemicals they are made with, and packaging chemicals they come in can kill the sperm. So I haven't used them since for sex, just af.

CrewsMaMa
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM
I got pregnant with my now four year old using softcups. I left it in less than 6 hours.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I don't personally really believe softcups are necessary.  The sperm that's going to get into your uterus does so very quickly after he ejaculates.  The stuff that comes out of you is seminal fluid & the sperm you don't want in your uterus anyway.

Even though the fda has approved them for ttc, I'd also wonder about the plastic/chemicals.  Just because the fda says they are ok doesn't mean they are (think of the other things they say is ok that many take issue with).

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:44 AM
I voted 1 hour or less but I've never used one I just wanted to see what other people recommend
stcy79
by Stacey on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Sorry I forgot to put that option on there. I fixed it.

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11: I voted 1 hour or less but I've never used one I just wanted to see what other people recommend

MamaBurmie
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM
I used them for a year and a half with no luck.
anotherandree
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM
I insert one and then go to sleep so I choose 6+ hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN