Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

weird af this month. T.M.I!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:20 AM
  • 14 Replies
Well first off when I got af it was bright red. I always have brown spotting before I get the full on af. Then I didn't get any cramps what so ever. I usually have pretty bad cramps for the whole af and bloating. Didnt grt either one. Then my af was super light no clots and usually I have quarter sized clots (sorry tmi) and a heavy enough flow to where I have to change every hour to hour and a half using super or maxi over night pads. I used my ultra thins and I didnt need to change them but I do anyways every 2 hours. There is only maybe a silver dollar size spot twards the front even overnight. And af is going on 6 days now. Wtf why cant she just leave me alone? I want to bd! Lol sounds horrible but I want to dtd so bad right now its not even funny. Oh and ewcm mixed in af all week so far? Anyone know what that is? Seriously (tmi) its like i o on af. Usually its only blood and clots. I dont think I have ever had ewcm on af. When I first had it I thought great im passing a massive clot. Nope just a bunch of ewcm crap. What is with my body? Seriously af is a disturbing unpredictable b****.
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addykarder19
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Have you tested??

I've had period like bleeding during the first trimester of 2 of my pregnancies (that's why I didn't realize I was pregnant).
kaykay61713
by Shelby on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Yes bfn. Im thinking my hormones are out of whack. :/ I also have been gaining weight lately even though I walk everyday I take dd to the park and I havent changed eating habbits except switching in more fruits and veggies. I have an appointment on the 20th of next month for my annual pap test and to discuss what's new since I havent seen him in about 3 months or so. Hopefully I can get some sort of answer or test done to help us out.

Quoting addykarder19: Have you tested??

I've had period like bleeding during the first trimester of 2 of my pregnancies (that's why I didn't realize I was pregnant).
TTCLABBON
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I had almost the same exact thing happen to me last tuesday, my period came without any brown spotting (the normal sign that AF is coming for me). It lasted 6 days as well instead of 5 and included ewcm. However, I did have a regular flow after day 3.  I thought this was pretty out of the norm but just figured my body was just being weird this cycle lol.Oh and then yesterday, I had watery discharge which never happens until a day or two before the big O, so was definitely confused about that. To play it safe,the husband and I have been DTD everyday....GL to you:-)

kaykay61713
by Shelby on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:54 AM
See mine is usually brown spotting then full force by night time (always start spotting in the morning when I wake up) so its heavy all five days and at night on the fifth day it slows and gets brown again. I have never had a period like this so im so thrown off. Almost always a 5 day af. And always heavy. Maybe af is just cutting me some slack who knows. All I am aware of is this is so not normal for me. I have heared some women o on their af but im not sure if its true or not. Gl to you as well! :)

Quoting TTCLABBON:

I had almost the same exact thing happen to me last tuesday, my period came without any brown spotting (the normal sign that AF is coming for me). It lasted 6 days as well instead of 5 and included ewcm. However, I did have a regular flow after day 3.  I thought this was pretty out of the norm but just figured my body was just being weird this cycle lol.Oh and then yesterday, I had watery discharge which never happens until a day or two before the big O, so was definitely confused about that. To play it safe,the husband and I have been DTD everyday....GL to you:-)

.sp4rkl3z.
by Meredith on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Why can't you DTD right now??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaykay61713
by Shelby on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Still on af. I personally cant dtd on af. I just dont like the idea. Plus df cant stand the sight of blood. He almost passed out when I had dd lol. The only time he could see blood and not pass out is if he cuts himself and its like a paper cut.

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: Why can't you DTD right now??
.sp4rkl3z.
by Meredith on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM
That's too bad, the increase in blood flow down there plus the extra "lube" makes it feel really good if you can get past the "blood" factor!

Quoting kaykay61713: Still on af. I personally cant dtd on af. I just dont like the idea. Plus df cant stand the sight of blood. He almost passed out when I had dd lol. The only time he could see blood and not pass out is if he cuts himself and its like a paper cut.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaykay61713
by Shelby on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I might be able to but df cant. Idk about my normal flow though. It might be more mess then its worth lol. I usually have a pretty heavy flow. I have to set alarms at night to go change or it goes everywhere even with overnight pads. I was using the ones you could use to make a sail with but I cant find them here anymore. :( I miss them for nighttime haha

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: That's too bad, the increase in blood flow down there plus the extra "lube" makes it feel really good if you can get past the "blood" factor!

Quoting kaykay61713: Still on af. I personally cant dtd on af. I just dont like the idea. Plus df cant stand the sight of blood. He almost passed out when I had dd lol. The only time he could see blood and not pass out is if he cuts himself and its like a paper cut.

.sp4rkl3z.
by Meredith on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:41 AM
LOL!! I hate that. Since having my son and my 2 miscarriages my flow has been weird...aside from the births, if you will, they've been so light. My first miscarriage I thought was a "normal" period for me. It was a chemical so it was more like a heavy AF. I didn't know till over a week later that it was actually a miscarriage. I am used to having to layer pads at night, it sucks! But lately that hasn't been the case. Used to feel like I had to wear a diaper at night lmao
Quoting kaykay61713: I might be able to but df cant. Idk about my normal flow though. It might be more mess then its worth lol. I usually have a pretty heavy flow. I have to set alarms at night to go change or it goes everywhere even with overnight pads. I was using the ones you could use to make a sail with but I cant find them here anymore. :( I miss them for nighttime haha
Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: That's too bad, the increase in blood flow down there plus the extra "lube" makes it feel really good if you can get past the "blood" factor!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janag852
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:49 AM

I thought I had CM in my flow this month too!  I asked the same question!  LOL, too funny, sounds like a more common issue than I thought.  I have shorter cycles, and my doctor said it is VERY possible to ovulate during your period.  I was wondering if that happened to me this month, b/c the consistency seemed so much different than previous.  That will totally suck, because we didn't bd last night, but we did the night before...FX.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)