• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you bd too much?..

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:33 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ive read the SMEP thing, and it seems a little too scheduled for our lifestyle. Not that dh and I cant resist each other lol but for instance according to SMEP (got a +opk today) we are supposed to bd 3 days and then wait a day and bd again. Why is that 4th day off limits? We bd when I got my +opk earlier and now its bed time and ds is in bed... I feel like im breaking the rules if I bd again! Im wearing my good panties ladies! Hahaha.

Sorry for all my posts! I love the support and im sprinkling baby dust on everyone who reads this!
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mama.In.Waiting
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:22 AM

The most popular theory is to bd every other day. If you wait several days to "store up" the little swimmers, there may be more of them, but they're more likely to be slow and/or somewhat defective. If you bd every day the swimmers will be faster, but there will be fewer of them. That's why eod is so popular. I haven't heard from anyone else who is on a schedule like the one you describe so I can't really vouch for that. The fourth day is probably there to let you both recuperate

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 4, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Yes, you can bd too much. It's best to not bd more than once a day. More than once a day can use up the sperm before you o and have him shooting blanks at the critical time.

I don't know anything about the SMEP so can't answer your question.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)