• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Success after LEEP?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM
  • 3 Replies
Hey ladies!
April 4th this year I had LEEP done for CIN I & II.
Total taken out was 2.8mm.
Since then I've noticed my CM isn't like it was, I know it's only been 4 weeks so I'm unsure if it will return to normal? My period came on time and was normal.
And how long did it take to concieve after LEEP? I can start TTC again as of 2 days ago but I wanted to hear from real peoples experiences of how long it took?
Hoping May will be my month! Baby dust to all xxx
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lmallonee
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:17 AM
I had this done 10 years ago. I've been trying to conceive for quite some time, but my RE acted like this wasn't an issue... That's all I can help with!
katie23VA
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I haven't had a LEEP, but my sister did and she got pregnant within three months. I'm pretty sure you are supposed to wait to have a few negative paps after your procedure before you get pregnant, though. She didnt, but she is not very responsible. I think she had to take it easy during her pregnancy because you have an increased risk of cervical incompetence after a LEEP, but she didnt have any trouble getting pregnant.
carlycarson
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:51 PM
You can actually get pregnant right away. Just your typical 4-6 week wait afterwards. They just changed it to your first pap is 1 year after procedure then every other year. So that would be a 3 year wait:)

Quoting katie23VA: I haven't had a LEEP, but my sister did and she got pregnant within three months. I'm pretty sure you are supposed to wait to have a few negative paps after your procedure before you get pregnant, though. She didnt, but she is not very responsible. I think she had to take it easy during her pregnancy because you have an increased risk of cervical incompetence after a LEEP, but she didnt have any trouble getting pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)