Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vitex and macaroot??

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
I've read a little about each, but does any one use these? Any info you can share? I just had two mc back to back. My dr never checked any other hormone levels other than hcg (which I was told they were doing more but never did and I know the second mc was due to low progesterone... ok I don't know but I have a really awful feeling that's what it was).. anyways I want to help my body out any way I can. I'm already using red raspberry leaf tea.. any other suggestions other than vitex and Macs root are also welcome =)
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
akrogers13
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM
I should add that I'm calling the dr in the am when their office opens, just wanting some personal stories to help pass the time!
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 4, 2014 at 4:39 PM

B6 is also good for helping progesterone.

I would really suggest getting tested for Celiacs, though.  One of the symptoms of Celiacs is repeated miscarriages (another is unexplained infertility).  It can pop up at any time - and eating a gluten free diet will help you have a healthy pregnancy if Celiacs is why you're having the miscarriages.

October is Celiac Awareness Month - undiagnosed Celiac disease is a risk factor for miscarriages & a cause of unexplained infertility. Only 1 out of every 5-6 people with Celiacs have been diagnosed.  csaceliacs.org, celiac.com National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Gwen (44) David (56) Augie (6.5) Alex (5)

hypnautica
by Jennifer on May. 4, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Yes you can take them together. I took them for several months last year. Go to http://www.naturalfertilityinfo.com/ and she explains all kinds of herbs. You're doc is probably not going to tell you that you can take these because most docs are against herbs.

.sp4rkl3z.
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Vitex did nothing for me and maca root jacked my cycles up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akrogers13
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Hmm... I didn't know drs do that.. maybe should I look into a naturopath? I had a midwife for my last two mc but I refuse to go back because they didn't run the extra tests they said they would do I'd I got pregnant again after the first mc... the only reason I left my other dr (she is great and I lived her) was because I wad looking for a more natural approach... I think bringing this up to my old Dr will be just fine tho... she suggested a few herbs when I was pregnant with ds.. I wish I'd never left because I know for a fact she wouldhave tested everything possible with the last pregnancy before I lost it... even if there wasn't a way to stop it, we would have had answers.. thank you I'll look into that link :-)

Quoting hypnautica:

Yes you can take them together. I took them for several months last year. Go to http://www.naturalfertilityinfo.com/ and she explains all kinds of herbs. You're doc is probably not going to tell you that you can take these because most docs are against herbs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)