Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying since 2012 :(

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:28 PM
  • 11 Replies
I was pregnant and had a miscarriage in 2012 and me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant ever since it seems like no matter what we can't concieve my dr wants to try clomid on me this month has anyone else had any positive results from using clomid.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IslandGirl1013
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't personally have experience with clomid but a few ladies on this site have had positive experiences with it.
Brittanys361
by Brittany on May. 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM
I am currently taking it actually tomorrow is round two at 100mg. My first round my eggs didn't mature so I am prayer this is the cycle. Cd3-7

Quoting spaul2012: I was pregnant and had a miscarriage in 2012 and me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant ever since it seems like no matter what we can't concieve my dr wants to try clomid on me this month has anyone else had any positive results from using clomid.
spaul2012
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:42 PM
I am supposed to start taking my clomid on the 5th day I'm hoping it works
Cupcake6193
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Hi. I know what you are going through. Me and my husband also had a miscarriage in 2012, and have been trying ever since. My doctor put me on clomid, and this is my 2nd round. The doc had me on 50mg the first round and now 100. My period is due in the next few days on the 8th which i am hoping it does not show. I think i had a really good ovulation this time, the egg whites so some would call them were very much there. So i had a really good feeling about being pregnant this time, but it seems the closer that i get to my period the more not pregnant im feeling. I think it may also be a way that i am kind of protecting myself since i have been let down month after month. It takes a toll on a person emotionally after a while. However i still take a test every morning and hoping for that positive. As far as clomid goes, i have heard it working for a lot of people, thats why i was so eager to try it. I dont have any known problems i guess you could say the reason im on it for unexplained infertility. The side effects for comid can be bad. The first month i got hot flashes really bad, and headaches. This time i didnt have any hot flashes, but a few days ago i started to get headaches and feel nausous. I thought this might have been due to pregancy but it has seemed to went away now so i dont know. Taking clomid will give you a lot of symptoms related to pregnancy, so you have to be careful. but overall i think you should try it. There are a lot of woman that have had a lot of luck with it, so to me its atleast worth a try. Good luck sweetie i hope you get your BFP soon.

spaul2012
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Yes it certainly does take a toll on u especially when everyone around u tells u not to think about it buts its hard not to when its everything u want I'm sorry to hear u are going thru this but is nice to know I am not the only one feeling this way

Quoting Cupcake6193:

Hi. I know what you are going through. Me and my husband also had a miscarriage in 2012, and have been trying ever since. My doctor put me on clomid, and this is my 2nd round. The doc had me on 50mg the first round and now 100. My period is due in the next few days on the 8th which i am hoping it does not show. I think i had a really good ovulation this time, the egg whites so some would call them were very much there. So i had a really good feeling about being pregnant this time, but it seems the closer that i get to my period the more not pregnant im feeling. I think it may also be a way that i am kind of protecting myself since i have been let down month after month. It takes a toll on a person emotionally after a while. However i still take a test every morning and hoping for that positive. As far as clomid goes, i have heard it working for a lot of people, thats why i was so eager to try it. I dont have any known problems i guess you could say the reason im on it for unexplained infertility. The side effects for comid can be bad. The first month i got hot flashes really bad, and headaches. This time i didnt have any hot flashes, but a few days ago i started to get headaches and feel nausous. I thought this might have been due to pregancy but it has seemed to went away now so i dont know. Taking clomid will give you a lot of symptoms related to pregnancy, so you have to be careful. but overall i think you should try it. There are a lot of woman that have had a lot of luck with it, so to me its atleast worth a try. Good luck sweetie i hope you get your BFP soon.

Niki722
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 4:03 PM

I have never been pregnant at all...my husband and I have also been trying since 2012. I only did clomid along with IUI once-I know the next time I go on it, they plan to up it since I only had one mature egg last time for my IUI. Right now my husband is on clomid to boost sperm. Good luck to you.

Grino1
by on May. 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM

We have been trying since2012 as we'll.  I just finished 200mg of clomid and did two iui's last weekend.  I really am trying to stay positive that this is our time.  Good luck.  

Maruchan
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM

I've been trying since 2012 as well.i have not had one positive pregnancy test.

WOFFT
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Same as me. But sm praying and hoping, I believe God will answer and even give me double for all tge trouble. I pray you get your healthy pregnancy and baby soon.

Quoting Maruchan:

I've been trying since 2012 as well.i have not had one positive pregnancy test.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockcrazyrebel
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Also been trying since 2012 with a miscarriage. Have been on many rounds of Clomid and had my 4th IUI 10 days ago. I hope you get a beautiful bfp super soon!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)