Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question that a friend asked me and i don't for sure know answer...help??

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
Is it true that as long as ur having AF every month without any help (ex. Provera) you do indeed ovulate on your own for sure!!! She asked me that question and had two women that's had fertility problems and had to have help that they said that's what the doctors have told them.....so do you ladies know anything about that??
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brittanys361
by Brittany on May. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this
That's not true you can have a period without help and still not ovulate. That's what happen to my friend
mommyyates
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Okay...wanted to know a little advice and thanks
mommyyates
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:16 PM
She hasn't went to doctor to see tho...and won't she's scared I told her she might have pcos she has irregular periods and weight gain....I have pcos and take metformin to keep mine regular to only a days difference sometimes and I ovulate some months and others I dont...
hypnautica
by Jennifer on May. 4, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

To bad she doesnt watch, Keeping up with the Kardashians because thats Khole's issue, she has a cycle but doesnt ovulate.

Brittanys361
by Brittany on May. 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I have pcos and I just found out three months ago. I am currently taking metformin pedisone and clomid to get pregnant. I tried three years with no medical help and my husband begged me to go see my obgyn and I did and we are so close. Last cycle I had four eggs but they didn't mature enough. So my point is don't be scared. Everything will be fine.

Quoting mommyyates: Okay...wanted to know a little advice and thanks
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 5, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Most of the time, if you are getting your period every month and its regular (give or take a couple days), chances are you are ovulating.

You don't always ovulate every month, though. It's normal to have an annovulatory cycle every so often.  It is also possible to not be ovulating even if your cycles are regular.  The only way to be sure you are ovulating is to have your OB monitor you via u/s or to chart your temps.

Dannimarie418
by Danielle on May. 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I used to have a regular 28 day cycle, but don't ovulate without clomid.
mommyyates
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Okay thanks ladies and yeah I tried telling her she needs to go I know what she's going thru me And hubby have been trying for two years and just got metformin 6 months ago so if it didn't happen this cycle we are taking a break to end of summer!
Niki722
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Tell her to do an ovulation predictor kit..then she will know.

mommyyates
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 5:11 PM
She has and has got positives or what she was positive I guess but I'm going try get her go to doctor but thanks ladies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)