• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excited but nervous for baby #1...anyone else feel this way?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:38 PM
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this
Is anyone else ttc #1 and excited but the same time very nervous to actually get a bfp and be pregnant with a little one inside you?

I want it so much but at the same time I'm so scared of the unknown and the horror stories of pregnancy!
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Yes very scared ..
hypnautica
by Jennifer on May. 4, 2014 at 11:30 PM

After ttc forever, it's like whatever lol I guess ill be a little scared once I do get a bfp.

MarriedMyPrince
by Sarah on May. 4, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Yes this is how I felt when my i got pregnant with my son. I was so scared, nervous, excited, all of the above. Yes this is a normal feeling. Congratulations momma I wish you a happy healthy 9 months. Try not to worry to much and enjoy your pregnancy hon. How far along are you?
Mama.In.Waiting
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a little nervous, but mostly I just want it to happen. Part of me knows that once that second line finally shows up I'm going to freak out a bit though lol. I think it's normal
star_shine79
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I was with my first but trust me it is the best feeling in the world to become a mommy
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 6:45 AM

It's definitely scary and nerve wracking.  I don't think I calmed down until the little guy was in my arms. 

Try to get as much positive information on pregnancy and childbirth as possible.  Ignore the horror stories.  Know what to look for in terms of red flags (e.g. for pre-eclampsia or pre-term labor) and then forget about it unless something happens.

My worst pregnancy symptoms were nausea, heartburn and constipation. 

The worst thing that happened with my labor/delivery was that I tore a bit and it made me bleed and they couldn't figure out where the bleeding was coming from.  Once they got it to stop, they realized it was from the tear.  Not a big deal.

But you know what, it was all totally worth it because my son is the most amazing thing in my life.  He amazes us every single day with what he can do.  For example, this weekend he went from taking a few steps to full blown walking.  He started putting things back INTO the baskets rather than taking them out.  He started letting us brush his teeth again.  He started using signs for "milk" and "more."  He started really saying "mama" and "dada" to us directly. 

And all the discomfort of pregnancy and pain of childbirth (I did natural/med free):  a distant memory pushed out by the love and joy of my son.  Such a distant memory that we are TTC again.  If it were that bad, no one would have additional children.

So hang in there, keep trying and hang on for the ride.  There are plenty of us out there to support you through any fears, concerns, symptoms and most of all elation from the end result of this journey.

baby dust

HopesandDreams1
by on May. 5, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Thank you for your sweet, encouraging response! It gives me hope for whenever I do get pregnant!

How old is your little boy? He sounds precious!!

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

It's definitely scary and nerve wracking.  I don't think I calmed down until the little guy was in my arms. 

Try to get as much positive information on pregnancy and childbirth as possible.  Ignore the horror stories.  Know what to look for in terms of red flags (e.g. for pre-eclampsia or pre-term labor) and then forget about it unless something happens.

My worst pregnancy symptoms were nausea, heartburn and constipation. 

The worst thing that happened with my labor/delivery was that I tore a bit and it made me bleed and they couldn't figure out where the bleeding was coming from.  Once they got it to stop, they realized it was from the tear.  Not a big deal.

But you know what, it was all totally worth it because my son is the most amazing thing in my life.  He amazes us every single day with what he can do.  For example, this weekend he went from taking a few steps to full blown walking.  He started putting things back INTO the baskets rather than taking them out.  He started letting us brush his teeth again.  He started using signs for "milk" and "more."  He started really saying "mama" and "dada" to us directly. 

And all the discomfort of pregnancy and pain of childbirth (I did natural/med free):  a distant memory pushed out by the love and joy of my son.  Such a distant memory that we are TTC again.  If it were that bad, no one would have additional children.

So hang in there, keep trying and hang on for the ride.  There are plenty of us out there to support you through any fears, concerns, symptoms and most of all elation from the end result of this journey.

baby dust

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 7:50 AM

You are welcome.  I just speak the truth.  I was there so recently and I know how scary it is and how everyone wants to tell you horror stories.  But like I said, my "worst" experiences were pretty mild and not unexpected.

Bug (his online name) will be a year on the 21st.  I can't believe how fast time flies. 

Feel free to add me and hit me up any time you need reassurance or support. 

TTC is challenging even if you don't have trouble (it took us about 9 months); we haven't started actively trying yet, just not preventing and we are on month 2 of that and AF is due any day.

Quoting HopesandDreams1: Thank you for your sweet, encouraging response! It gives me hope for whenever I do get pregnant! How old is your little boy? He sounds precious!!

HopesandDreams1
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Oh I'm not pregnant yet, we are currently ttc. I just can't help but think about how I will feel whenever I get my BFP

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Yes this is how I felt when my i got pregnant with my son. I was so scared, nervous, excited, all of the above. Yes this is a normal feeling. Congratulations momma I wish you a happy healthy 9 months. Try not to worry to much and enjoy your pregnancy hon. How far along are you?
MarriedMyPrince
by Sarah on May. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Well good luck to you on ttc and being pregnant. You already sound like your going to be an awesome mommy. Mommy hood is one fast unique ride.

Quoting HopesandDreams1: Oh I'm not pregnant yet, we are currently ttc. I just can't help but think about how I will feel whenever I get my BFP

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Yes this is how I felt when my i got pregnant with my son. I was so scared, nervous, excited, all of the above. Yes this is a normal feeling. Congratulations momma I wish you a happy healthy 9 months. Try not to worry to much and enjoy your pregnancy hon. How far along are you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)