Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Which would you do?

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 21 Replies

If you have or could have multiples would you dress them alike and make their name sound similar also? me I wouldn't because I would want them 2 feel like they are their own person. I have experience in it because my brothers and sister are triplets they are six and it was my stepfather's 1st set of kids so my mom let him name them and just because they have the same letter in their name everyone gets them mixed up they look nothing alike and their names are different (James and Jammie) and sometimes they say they wish people stop saying they look alike or are they twins because they don't know the 3rd one is a girl.... so if you had multiples what would you do :)

by on May. 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on May. 8, 2014 at 11:59 PM

I would not dress them alike because I really hate it nor would I name them anything that is close in the way it sounds. Yes they are twins but they are 2 different people and should be treated that way. Thats just me though :)

Veunica
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this

That is how I feel :) 

Quoting hypnautica:

I would not dress them alike because I really hate it nor would I name them anything that is close in the way it sounds. Yes they are twins but they are 2 different people and should be treated that way. Thats just me though :)

MarriedMyPrince
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Nope I wouldn't name them or dress them the same. They aren't the same. They are two,three or more different people and for all I know they mighty not even get along. .lol they would have separate names and be treated the same by me and dh but not to the point where they have no individual identity.
Veunica
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Lol yes because my siblings omg my sister thinks she tells everyone what to do 1 of the boys aggravates everyone and the other 1 talks very loud and is a dare devil lol

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Nope I wouldn't name them or dress them the same. They aren't the same. They are two,three or more different people and for all I know they mighty not even get along. .lol they would have separate names and be treated the same by me and dh but not to the point where they have no individual identity.

MarriedMyPrince
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Lol see sometimes siblings can look alike, and have nothing in common. Other than they all aggravate each other..haha

Quoting Veunica:

Lol yes because my siblings omg my sister thinks she tells everyone what to do 1 of the boys aggravates everyone and the other 1 talks very loud and is a dare devil lol

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Nope I wouldn't name them or dress them the same. They aren't the same. They are two,three or more different people and for all I know they mighty not even get along. .lol they would have separate names and be treated the same by me and dh but not to the point where they have no individual identity.

kaykay61713
by Shelby on May. 9, 2014 at 3:05 AM
I wouldn't name my kids anything alike multiples or not. My sisters and I were all S names and its quite the young twister. We all have quite the age gap too. I dont think I would dress my kids to match. They need to express that they are different and its good to be different.
Veunica
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Lol and they look nothing alike but 2 of them are similar 1 of the boys and the girl thats y idk how people get them mixed up lol they come home sayin everyone in school kept callin me James or vise versa my mom put them all in different class rooms lol

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: Lol see sometimes siblings can look alike, and have nothing in common. Other than they all aggravate each other..haha
Quoting Veunica:

Veunica
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Yes that is so true the funny thing is it is7 of us in all and the triplets act like us 3 older kids did when we was little and it was so funny because it is a 10yr age diff i am 26 they r 6 lol

Quoting kaykay61713: I wouldn't name my kids anything alike multiples or not. My sisters and I were all S names and its quite the young twister. We all have quite the age gap too. I dont think I would dress my kids to match. They need to express that they are different and its good to be different.

akrogers13
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's cute to dress them alike, but not the same (ie, same shirt but opposite colors) and I like the same letter to start but I would make their names very different.. Jamie is a Nick name for James... I could see a James and Justin or other letters like Caleb and Cole etc... lol. And at least the third was a girl.. she'll have separation at least lol
Veunica
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Lol yea when they go to the doctor they are like James and Jammie are the same person right im like no lol but Jammie got his name from his dad so he is a Jr and James is my stepdad's father

Quoting akrogers13: I think it's cute to dress them alike, but not the same (ie, same shirt but opposite colors) and I like the same letter to start but I would make their names very different.. Jamie is a Nick name for James... I could see a James and Justin or other letters like Caleb and Cole etc... lol. And at least the third was a girl.. she'll have separation at least lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)