Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

TTC While Breastfeeding?

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM
  • 25 Replies

How long did it take for your cycles to return? I am still breastfeeding my almost 8 month old..I've been spotting/bleeding for 18 days since my Mirena removal..according to my chart, I haven't ovulated yet. ): Thinking of TTC while breastfeeding is so stressful!

유 Happily married with two beautiful babies 웃

★Kyran {October 9, 2012} ➞ Fetal cystic hygroma disappeared at 32 weeks and he was born 100% healthy! 7 pounds and 10 ounces, 21 inches long.★
★Ivy {September 17, 2013} ➞ Born exactly on her estimated due date! 7 pounds and 13 ounches, 19.5 inches long.★

by on May. 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akrogers13
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Lol it took mine 18 months..
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

TTC while breastfeeding is stressful! And I never was willing to wean just to conceive another!! If you were on a BC its likely that your body is gonna be screwy from that, along with the fact that you might not be ovulating yet due to breastfeeding. To figure that out takes a simple blood test at your OB if they are willing to test you! I found out while TTC my 3rd and 4th that nursing doesnt surpess ovulation for me. Which is a good thing. The bad part is that my body is still screwy and doesn't O! So I am currently nursing my 7 month and still waiting to O. I guess we have been trying since he was born however its hard to try when there isnt an egg to fertilize!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Oh and as far as cycles returning....I didnt have a cycle but once a year before TTC my first It took us 3 yrs of unprotected sex to get him. I didnt have my first cycle until 2 yrs after I had my first (Only nursed him for 6 months) It took us 2 1/2 to conceive our second! I didnt have my first cycle at all after my 2nd I ovuated when he was 12 months old and conceived my daughter. (He nursed until 15 mns and self weaned) And I didnt have a cycle for another 2 yrs after I had my 3rd, (she nursed until 18 months and self weaned) I concieved my 4th after 2 1/2 yrs off TTC. And thus far no luck with a 5th. But I expect it will take another few years!

haleylxo
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Are there any signs that tell you that you are fertile? I am definitely not willing to wean my daughter to TTC...I will wait. It just sucks. She does have some solids and is sleeping about 4-7 hours at night.

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Mine came back when she was about 6 months.

The mirena is probably causing most of your issues at the moment vs the BF. Give it some time for the hormones to be out of your system.

Good luck.

kristine8333
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM
It is stressful. I just stopped bfing my daughter 2 months ago (she is almost 12 months old now. And my cycles still have been little whacky! 2 months ago, i had a long cycle (35 days) and last cycle it was 24 days. I think my body is trying to regulate though. Gl to you, it may be more tough while bfing, i wish you luck! :)
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:52 AM
I've never done it , but my friend got pregnant. 6 months after her Ds was born because her cycles hadn't "returned" while she was breast feeding lol.
.sp4rkl3z.
by Meredith on May. 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM
12 Mos for them to return and not really normal cycles since then, been pregnant twice and he is almost 2. Lost them both though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haleylxo
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Is there a group on this site for TTC while breastfeeding? Or a forum somewhere? There should be one! Yeah, I'm sure the Mirena messed me up..once it was out, I had a horrible crash from the hormones. I had mine placed right after my daughter was  being born, literally. I guess it's this new thing they are doing? Anyway, I never noticed it affecting me until I actually didn't have it in me any more. I have a lot of the classic fertility signs..TMI--I had EWCM and a high open cervix around CD 14, but no temperature rise after and no positive OPKs. Oh well..

Necie72
by on May. 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM

My period came back around 6 months, but disappeared again until she was a year old...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)