Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Formal Introduction

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 7:26 AM
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone.  I've been poking around for a couple of months, but we are officially TTC now so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm 32 and a working mom to an amazing 1 year old boy (seriously!  How is he a year old?)

Technically, he'll be 1 in 2 days.  Today was my EDD last year.  Unbelievable!

With my son, we tried for about 9 months using the calendar method.  Nothing was happening so I started using OPKs and we got our BFP on our second month doing that.

I got an IUD put in after my first post-partum period in September.  However, it fell out after just 4 months.  We decided to just go for it even though I didn't want to get pregnant until after my son's birthday.  So that's where we are now and we decided to go for it starting this cycle.

DH and I do not have a very active sex life because we are both exhausted with working full time, commuting (2 hours each way for me) and dealing with a toddler.  So we decided that for the next 6 months we will make a committment to 2 times a week when I'm not on my period.  If we are not pregnant by November, I'll start using the OPKs again.

My heart goes out to all of you who are struggling for years and who have had miscarriages and other tragedies.  I pray that each of you gets to experience the joy of motherhood in whatever form that ends up taking. 

by on May. 19, 2014 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
EllieTheCutie
by New Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Aw you're so sweet and I hope you do conceive. Best of luck to you! fingers crossed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)