Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got my bfp but I'm a nervous wreck

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM
  • 25 Replies

I got a BFP on Friday (just in time for our 1 year wedding anniversary yesteraday) and I could not be more happy but I am SO nervous. I had a miscarriage in October at 5 weeks and right now I'm only at 4w3d and the thought of another miscarriage is always on my mind. I'm trying to stay positive but dh and I are almost afraid to talk about it or show our happiness in case something happens. 

I know that every pregnancy is different and my doctor won't see me until I'm 8 weeks so this next month is going to go by so slow. Please tell me I'm not alone in feeling this way. 

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisUsmcWifey
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:48 PM

It's very natural to feel scared. I've never had a miscarriage but i've noticed myself freaking out about this pregnancy more than I did with my daughter. The best thing you can do for yourself and for baby is NOT to stress if possible. Relax, have fun, and enjoy being pregnant. Congrats on your BFP! If you'd like me to make you a pretty let me know. This is my BFP pretty thread...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/30079/forums/read/19958756/Got_a_BFP_Ill_make_it_pretty_0

mamatink7
by Franceska on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:55 PM

i would keep it more to yourself and dh but definately take it very easy.you are not alone in this, i know we will not tell anyone until we know the sexes and not tell kids before hearing heartbeats. we told them and they were horribly devastated when we lost it. praying for your sticky beans

good luck and keep updated

Khooks
by Jessica on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM
I hope this is your sticky bean!!
stcy79
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Congrats on ur bfp. I have not gotten prego with my rainbow yet but I already worry what if it happens again? I think it natural. I would say try not to stress to much because thats not good either. If ur not ready to tell others then dont push yourself, there's plenty of time.As for me, I will tell right away, I want all the prayers for a sticky bean I can get and just in case my next one would go to heaven I want others to know about the life of my baby , even if for only a moment. GL!! prayers said for a sticky bean!!

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

bubbles072013
by Sammi on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats.......Sending Positive Energy!!!! p.s. Take it 1 day @ a Time!!!

misskriss10
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Thanks everyone.

We've told my mom and his mom but that's all we're telling until our first appointment. Our dd is only 2 so she doesn't understand what's going on but we're going to take her to our second ultrasound.
courtAKAmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:31 PM
You are not alone! I had a miscarriage around 4 or 5 weeks in March.
I am pregnant again almost 5 weeks. I'm feeling better about this pregnancy now. My cramping has eased up a lot but I can't help but be a little nervous. I keep taking pregnancy test and checking for blood when I use the restroom. Yesterday I was getting sick enough to throw up and it actually made me happy lol
Just stay relaxed and positive. Praying for a sticky baby for both of us.
lost2013
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:50 PM
This is my second pregnancy but first one since my miscarriage since February 2013. I to was like you had a miscarriage about 4-5 weeks pregnant. I won't lie this pregnancy I have been a nervous wreck. At the beginning I had low hCG levels only 24.3 at 4 weeks, I had some breakthrough bleeding at 6 weeks, at 7 weeks I had a bleed between my uterus and the placenta which there was a chance for miscarriage, was so nauseous I lost weight, doctor was concerned baby wasn't gaining weight. I am telling you this because my first pregnancy I had NO complications this one I have had minor scares. Now I am 37 weeks, the bleed is gone, and every day since Oct. 14th (that is when I found out) I have worried about my baby. Unfortunately the worry never goes away. I will stop worrying once my baby is here and I know she is healthy. Just wait until you feel your baby kick then not for a couple of days I have been there I would freak out if I wouldn't feel kicks but then realized the pattern one day she would kick like crazy then be calm for 2-3 days then kick real crazy again. I don't freak out as much anymore because I know her pattern.
arkansasmama08
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM
I know how you feel. I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy and had pain and spotting all through the first trimester. My Dr started monitoring me at 5 weeks and diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage. I was a nervous wreck and am just now starting to calm down and enjoy being pregnant at 20 weeks.
misskriss10
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Mobile Photo

I've been feeling much more positive these past couple of days. I'm not cramping anymore but I'm really constipated (sorry tmi) and my boobs are ridiculously sore.

This is my test from last night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)