Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the award for worst new mother goes to...

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 19 Replies

A Tennessee woman has fired back at critics for the unusual way she included her baby daughter in her recent wedding.

Shona Carter-Brooks, of Jackson, Tenn., secured her 1-month-old daughter on the train of her wedding dress as she walked down the aisle. Carter Brooks, who married Johnathan Brooks at the Elam Baptist Church in Ripley, Tenn., last weekend, walked down the aisle with her daughter dragging behind wrapped in the enormous amount of material on her David's Bridal dress by Vera Wang.

The negative Internet comments — presumably by people not in attendance at the ceremony — began pouring out, including from website Clutchmagonline.com, which labeled the incident "Another Wedding WTF."

"She dumb as hell! Her and her husband," wrote one commenter. "That poor child born to 2 supreme idiots."

SHONA CARTER-BROOKS/VIA FACEBOOK

No injuries were reported for the baby, who was reportedly secured in the train of Shona Carter-Brooks’ dress.

"Lol, if she wanted to include the baby, why not just carry the child and hold her during the ceremony?" wrote another. "They're doing too much."

No video from the wedding has been released, so it's not clear how quickly the baby was brought down the aisle or if she was jostled from the dress. There are no reports of injuries to the child.

But Carter Brooks fired back at the criticism on her Facebook page by letting her friends know she is not letting the negative comments ruin her recent nuptials.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisUsmcWifey
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM

umm wtf? Why would she do that!?

mamatink7
by Franceska on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM

yes, i read that too. completely rediculous and stupid. there are many other ways to include her newborn baby in their wedding-other than attaching it to the dress-

grrr stupid mothers 

Khooks
by Jessica on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Aaahahahaha I can't help but laugh at people that stupid. Too bad she didn't poop on her dress.
Ma2Liam
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Why are the pictures mirror images?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZOMBEHH
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM

its her profile picture on facebook

Quoting Ma2Liam: Why are the pictures mirror images?

ZOMBEHH
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM

wildcherry73
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:12 PM
WTF! People never cease to amaze me!
whatssleep
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Haha I couldn't help but laugh! It's ridiculous but the baby was fine, so who cares. This doesn't make her a bad mom.
lillybug222
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:20 PM
I think it's weird, but the baby is fine. It wasn't a situation that would harm the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stcy79
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Dont even know what to say???

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)