Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

What are My Chances?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:00 PM
  • 14 Replies
Friday I had ewcm. That night SO and I dtd. The next morning we dtd...again. A few hours later I had a sharp pinching cramp on my right side...felt like a menstrual cramp. The initial bad cramp lasted 30 minutes while I had on/off again light cramping for 2 days. This morning...Monday...my gums were bleeding when I brushed my teeth. Normally bleeding gums are my first sight of pregnancy but I know it's way to early to tell.

So what do tall think? Btw...I'm 36 and in descent shape. Thank you ladies!
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:56 PM

We cant think anything unless you know 100% sure when you ovulated and the only way that is, is with ovulation strips or charting your temps. While cramps and ewcm can be signs of ovulation, it isnt 100% sure thing. As far as bleeding gums, if you Oed just Friday or Sat. there is no way this is an early sign and you may need to see your dentist. It takes 6-12 days for the embryo just to implant and then another few days for the HCG to build up high enough to be picked up on a test. Good luck and fx for a bfp soon.

stcy79
by Stacey on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Welcome to the group. I do think its to early to tell if ur prego yet but it does sound like u might of O'd and dtd at a good time so theres a good chance u might be:) If it doesnt happen I would recommend temping and opk's so you dont have to guess when O is coming. Do u have any kids yet and how long have u been ttc?

Im Stacey by the way. I have 3 kids , 2boys 3&5 and 1 angel in heaven. Im right behind u 34.5yrs, hoping to get bfp sooner than later!  GL to ya!

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

molly_ann
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Thank you for responding.

I'm going to start charting if no bfp this cycle.

For the bleeding gums...I get this every month when my hormones go kookoo...especially mid-cycle.

Again, thank you for responding. And thank you for the luck in a BFP!!

Quoting hypnautica:

We cant think anything unless you know 100% sure when you ovulated and the only way that is, is with ovulation strips or charting your temps. While cramps and ewcm can be signs of ovulation, it isnt 100% sure thing. As far as bleeding gums, if you Oed just Friday or Sat. there is no way this is an early sign and you may need to see your dentist. It takes 6-12 days for the embryo just to implant and then another few days for the HCG to build up high enough to be picked up on a test. Good luck and fx for a bfp soon.

molly_ann
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Hello and thank you for responding.

I do have three daughters ages 17, 9, and 8. My last 2 dds were planned. My first dd was bit of surprise but deep down I knew.

I'm pretty sure it was O pain Saturday. Felt like someone pinched the tar out me innards for a few minutes. I normally feel this every month about the same time.

If no BFP this month I will start charting. Or could I start now? Never knew it would be this interesting to make babies!!

And thank u for the luck! Good luck to u on your ttc journey as well!

Quoting stcy79:

Welcome to the group. I do think its to early to tell if ur prego yet but it does sound like u might of O'd and dtd at a good time so theres a good chance u might be:) If it doesnt happen I would recommend temping and opk's so you dont have to guess when O is coming. Do u have any kids yet and how long have u been ttc?

Im Stacey by the way. I have 3 kids , 2boys 3&5 and 1 angel in heaven. Im right behind u 34.5yrs, hoping to get bfp sooner than later!  GL to ya!

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Wow thats crazy with the bleeding gums

mamatink7
by Franceska on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Do you chart and temp?? That only way you positive ovulated. Sounds promising but way to early for major symptoms. The sharp pains sound like couldve been o pains also.
Good luck w baby dust
molly_ann
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM
No, I don't chart or temp. I probably should though.

I know it's pretty early to tell. I'm not going to get my hopes up in case aunt Flo comes to visit. In the meantime I'm going to get my self back into better shape!

Quoting mamatink7: Do you chart and temp?? That only way you positive ovulated. Sounds promising but way to early for major symptoms. The sharp pains sound like couldve been o pains also.
Good luck w baby dust
stcy79
by Stacey on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

You could start temping now, you wont see the temp jump that showa ovulation since you probably already did but it will get you in the habit if you need it for next month. You might also see if af is coming at the end if your temp goes from a steady temp then drops at the end of your LP then af usually starts that day or the next. I recommend Fertility Friend to keep track plus it can teach you so much!

I never did all this stuff for my first 3 pregnancy's either, well like ur 1st, my 2nd was my surprise; best ever!!!!

Quoting molly_ann: Hello and thank you for responding. I do have three daughters ages 17, 9, and 8. My last 2 dds were planned. My first dd was bit of surprise but deep down I knew. I'm pretty sure it was O pain Saturday. Felt like someone pinched the tar out me innards for a few minutes. I normally feel this every month about the same time. If no BFP this month I will start charting. Or could I start now? Never knew it would be this interesting to make babies!! And thank u for the luck! Good luck to u on your ttc journey as well!
Quoting stcy79:

molly_ann
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Thanks for your reply!! Since Friday when I got the uhh...ewcm I have felt really bloated! Plus I've had on/off again cramping...enough to let me know I have a uterus. Then today I am having horrible gas! Ugh. I just feel so yucky and fat and bloated. To top it off...I feel as though someone took my feelings and smashed them. Can I come back as a man next time? JK...I would never wish that on my worst enemy!

I may just temp to see if I notice a pattern! I even bought the book...Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Very informative book! There's stuff in there I didn't even know! Plus my 17 year old enjoys reading and learning about her body!!

Quoting stcy79:

You could start temping now, you wont see the temp jump that showa ovulation since you probably already did but it will get you in the habit if you need it for next month. You might also see if af is coming at the end if your temp goes from a steady temp then drops at the end of your LP then af usually starts that day or the next. I recommend Fertility Friend to keep track plus it can teach you so much!

I never did all this stuff for my first 3 pregnancy's either, well like ur 1st, my 2nd was my surprise; best ever!!!!

Quoting molly_ann: Hello and thank you for responding.

I do have three daughters ages 17, 9, and 8. My last 2 dds were planned. My first dd was bit of surprise but deep down I knew.

I'm pretty sure it was O pain Saturday. Felt like someone pinched the tar out me innards for a few minutes. I normally feel this every month about the same time.

If no BFP this month I will start charting. Or could I start now? Never knew it would be this interesting to make babies!!

And thank u for the luck! Good luck to u on your ttc journey as well!

Quoting stcy79:

stcy79
by Stacey on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Ugh, I hate that every little thing you feel can be pregnancy or af! I have to keep myself in check and not get excited when my body plays tricks on me. I have not bought the book but I know lots of ladies on here have and like it. Nothing wrong with a young lady learning about her body, only you can be in tune with ur self and thats good for when something goes wrong and Dr's wanna dismiss you!

Quoting molly_ann: Thanks for your reply!! Since Friday when I got the uhh...ewcm I have felt really bloated! Plus I've had on/off again cramping...enough to let me know I have a uterus. Then today I am having horrible gas! Ugh. I just feel so yucky and fat and bloated. To top it off...I feel as though someone took my feelings and smashed them. Can I come back as a man next time? JK...I would never wish that on my worst enemy! I may just temp to see if I notice a pattern! I even bought the book...Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Very informative book! There's stuff in there I didn't even know! Plus my 17 year old enjoys reading and learning about her body!!
Quoting stcy79:

Quoting molly_ann: Hello and thank you for responding. I do have three daughters ages 17, 9, and 8. My last 2 dds were planned. My first dd was bit of surprise but deep down I knew. I'm pretty sure it was O pain Saturday. Felt like someone pinched the tar out me innards for a few minutes. I normally feel this every month about the same time. If no BFP this month I will start charting. Or could I start now? Never knew it would be this interesting to make babies!! And thank u for the luck! Good luck to u on your ttc journey as well!
Quoting stcy79:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN