Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

prenatal vitamins

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:21 PM
  • 12 Replies
After I had my Iud removed the other day...my doc who was in a hurry to go do a emergency c section. ..said to take prenatal vitamins. ..what do they exactly do. I know it's good for ya but. .do they make u fetal or what
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubbles072013
by Sammi on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I don't know the exact reason but my OBgyn told me the same so i started taking them last month & using BBT.

4everJs
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:11 PM
It's good to take prenatal vitamins a few months before conceive to ensure you have all the right vitamins to prevent birth defects and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minermanswife
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:51 AM
What is bbt

Quoting bubbles072013:

I don't know the exact reason but my OBgyn told me the same so i started taking them last month & using BBT.

stcy79
by Stacey on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

BBT is basal body thermometer. My ob said the only difference between prenatal and a reg. vitamin is the folic acid and iron. They dont make you fertile but you need folic acid b4 you get prego to prevent birth defects. GL!!

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

DixonBabies
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

You need certain vitamins in your body to go to the baby to make sure baby is healthy. Plus, the baby takes what it needs first, so you want to be sure that not only you take the vitamins but eat a healthy diet so that way you both have the nutrients that you need. Having vitamins in your system before bfp helps prevents certain birth defects, and other things from happening.

minermanswife
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:27 AM
I've seen a lot about the bbt...I'm gonna look into it

Quoting stcy79:

BBT is basal body thermometer. My ob said the only difference between prenatal and a reg. vitamin is the folic acid and iron. They dont make you fertile but you need folic acid b4 you get prego to prevent birth defects. GL!!

minermanswife
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Thanks ladies!
akrogers13
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:44 PM
One, it helps get u in the habit before u are pregnant.and two it builds up those vitamins before hand so they are already in your system and gives baby a jump start before u even know you are pregnant! Good luck!!!
ElloOu
by Jessica on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Get a prenatal that comes with a bottle of dha. Dha is an essential fatty acid that helps the fetus' heart and brain growth. I normally buy Expecta brand.
tamikkia
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM
What is bbt?

Quoting minermanswife: What is bbt

Quoting bubbles072013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN