Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OTC Drugs and TTC

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:32 PM
  • 2 Replies

I had a miscarriage on 4/3 and finally had a period 7 weeks later.  Anyway, I'm now hoping to ovulate any day now and of course I have terrible allergies and sinus issues right now.  I'm trying not to take any medications, but right now I"m ready to crack.  I've read that Sudafed can affect your CM and that antihistamines like Zyrtec can stop you from ovulating.  Does anyone know if ANYTHING is safe to take or know anything else about OTC meds and fertility?  I feel awful but I don't want to waste a month if you know what I mean.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:52 PM

All of the sinus stuff helps dry up drainage and it will also dry up your cervical mucus. I have never heard anything about it causing you not to ovulate, just it causes your cm to dry up. You can take stuff to help make it lose but other than that you either take the meds and use something like Preseed to help replace the missing cm or suffer. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

ame19
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Just call your doctor/nurse up and see what they say. You don't even have to go see the doctor, just ask what otc meds are fine with ttc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)