Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

BC pill to regulate for ttc

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM
  • 5 Replies
So Im on Birth control trying to regulate my cycles and then I was going to go off and start back ttc. I saw a doc that felt I might have pcos bc my periods are so irregular (always have been). I have already changed my eating habits and trying to lose some weight. Anyways, how many of you have done the birth control and then ttc? How many months did you do? Did it work??
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Spirit_Sister25
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Bump :)
AnAngelInMe
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Last year I started the pill in Feb, ended the pill in April.....got pregnant the end of December (wasent TTC). Had MC 2 weeks ago, so now I am TTC this time when I am healed. ( I know so soon, im in shocked of not being preg anymore), and next pregnancy will be monitored closely I refuse to live that again.

But every womans body works diff....you may so sooner, or later...it all depends on when your body is ready to be pregnant.

alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Personally the pill made me way less regular. Before getting on it at 16, I was somewhat regular. When I got off it at 22, I didn't get a period for 11 months. Luckily things got regularish once that first one happened and I got pregnant a few months later. But it works differently for everyone and I know I'm a serious outlier. 

FutureCooper118
by Kylie on Jun. 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I'm sure it depends on the BC you're using. I was put on the progesterone only so my cycles returned almost a month to the day. I have been ttc (not preventing but not charting temping) for 7 months this cycle with not so much as a maybe. I have heard doctors suggest this route to get you on schedule but I bled more often than not on the mini pill and my body doesn't react well to most bc but hopefully you'll have better luck. FX for you and yours!

tluvsd2
by TONI on Jun. 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM
GOOD LUCK TO U!:) I HOPE U GET YOUR BFP SOON SWEETY:)!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN