Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

TTC - First timers

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and my husband and I have just started TTC (we started on Sunday)
Ever since it's all I can think about; "Am I or not? Pregnant!" This two week torture thing is serisouly torture!

I started taking Folic Acids about 2 weeks ago and on Monday I switched to a prenatal. I've been off BCP for about a month, and in the past when I've gone off it suddenly my periods have always been regular as they were this time. 2 days after going off BCP I started my period, and also downloaded some of those handy apps that help you track your periods, ovulation, and fertile days.

I'm on day 2 so far of this 2 week journey of waiting impatiently. I've read SO much about what the earlist signs of pregnancy could be. So far for me I haven't noticed anything different, my breast still remain the same. Today I did notice that even after I eat my stomach still growls and I still feel hungry which is unusual for me, but then it could also be in my head because I'm so intune with my body right now and any slight difference gets me hopeful.

I'm just hoping and praying that we can be lucky enough to get pregnant on the first try. The waiting is killing me. 

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Ovulation apps are a big no, no as they can be very wrong. I would recommend using ovulation test and learning how to chart your temps. If you go to http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ it will teach you how to chart. As far as symptoms, you would have to know for 100% when you ovulated and then the embryo will implant 6-12 days later. Good luck

wildcherry73
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:24 PM
What's ur history? Try not to stress, stay calm, and TRY, I MEAN REALLY TRY to do other things. Cuz that 2ww will feel like a year if u don't...
Jeannam2008
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I will definitely check it out. :)

Quoting hypnautica:

Ovulation apps are a big no, no as they can be very wrong. I would recommend using ovulation test and learning how to chart your temps. If you go to http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ it will teach you how to chart. As far as symptoms, you would have to know for 100% when you ovulated and then the embryo will implant 6-12 days later. Good luck

Jeannam2008
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Easier said than done :) but I've been keeping busy. I love crafting and Pinterest so when I find myself getting too caught up I browse Pinterest for a hobby to try.

My history? I'm 24 and so is my husband we've been together for 7 years. I've never had issues with my periods they've always been regular even when going off my BCP and going back on.

I will note that I've been getting cramps on my left side, they come and go and will last only a few seconds. They aren't like the cramps I would get when starting my period though.

My period is expected around the 17th of June. My ovulation day was May 31st and we TTC on Sunday June 1st.

I have the first response pregnancy test waiting to be used :)

Quoting wildcherry73: What's ur history? Try not to stress, stay calm, and TRY, I MEAN REALLY TRY to do other things. Cuz that 2ww will feel like a year if u don't...
wildcherry73
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:33 PM
No babies?
Jeannam2008
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:47 PM
No babies, at least not yet. This will be our first :)

Quoting wildcherry73: No babies?
Rabby
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM

gudluck on ur ttc journey. Ope u get preggers ur first try. Fingers crossed for u.fingers crossed

tx.tara
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I have a similar story to yours lol this will be my first pregnancy, I went off BC almost 2 months ago. I really thought I was pregnant when my period was 6 days late...but the test was a BFN and I started my period later that afternoon after I tested in the morning :(

I had little cramps also on my left side for almost 2 weeks before I started my period... I was feeling everything in my stomach to an extreme and hoping it was because I was pregnant....

Good luck and just try to not think about it - I know it's impossible... now that I'm in this phase it's basically every thought, everywhere I look, everything I do I think about it... but that just makes me crazy! LOL

We aren't saying we are actively trying, as I'm not charting or anyhting, we just quit trying to NOT have a baby lol.

Lmallonee
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Don't use an app. Women ovulate at different times, it has no way of knowing that. If you are just starting, relax and have fun! There are millions of ways to test and chart and check but I wouldn't recommend doing it... It can get very old after a while! I would just try to figure out my fertile "window" and leave it at that for a while :)
Jeannam2008
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tx.tara:

I have a similar story to yours lol this will be my first pregnancy, I went off BC almost 2 months ago. I really thought I was pregnant when my period was 6 days late...but the test was a BFN and I started my period later that afternoon after I tested in the morning :(

I had little cramps also on my left side for almost 2 weeks before I started my period... I was feeling everything in my stomach to an extreme and hoping it was because I was pregnant....

Good luck and just try to not think about it - I know it's impossible... now that I'm in this phase it's basically every thought, everywhere I look, everything I do I think about it... but that just makes me crazy! LOL

We aren't saying we are actively trying, as I'm not charting or anyhting, we just quit trying to NOT have a baby lol.

Awh, I'm sorry to hear! I hope you get a BFP very soon!
I totally understand where you're coming from, if I'm not keeping myself busy (thankfully I'm at work today) I will do nothing but think about it, about waiting, wishing I'd get some kind of symptom... swollen breats, just something! It's hard not to let your mind go crazy.

This morning I've had slight cramps, their very different from my period cramps, but I am trying my hardest not to think too much into. I just wish it were next week so I can take a test. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)