Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

No more opks for me

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Seriously so confused about using opks. I thought I got a positive around #9 but now the line is getting darker again and af should be here between the 10th and the 12th. What do you ladies think? Sorry to be bugging you guys so much
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofmany42
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Anyone?

Want2BeAMommy14
by Jazmin on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Take a hpt. Sometimes you can get a positive opk if ur eggo is preggo :)
Khooks
by Jessica on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:33 AM
It's normal to have more than one surge, that's why it's just a tool. I would go by other symptoms as well to pinpoint ovulation, then stop testing after the first positive. Hope you get it sorted out :)
mommyofmany42
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Thanks. I was going to stop testing but figured why not take a couple more haha. I think if I do not get a positive hpt next week I may try to do temps. Im just confused on what kind of thermometer to buy haha

Quoting Khooks: It's normal to have more than one surge, that's why it's just a tool. I would go by other symptoms as well to pinpoint ovulation, then stop testing after the first positive. Hope you get it sorted out :)

mommyofmany42
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Which hpts would possibly pick something up at 8dpo

Khooks
by Jessica on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM
If you keep testing you will drive yourself mad!! Lol I have a digital opk thing and it actually cuts off for 48 hours after peak. And the thermometer is called a basal body temp. It's with all the others at the pharmacy/ store. It's just more sensitive than the rest. I've never temped but I've seen on here it can be more maddening than opks do good luck! :)

Quoting mommyofmany42:

Thanks. I was going to stop testing but figured why not take a couple more haha. I think if I do not get a positive hpt next week I may try to do temps. Im just confused on what kind of thermometer to buy haha

Quoting Khooks: It's normal to have more than one surge, that's why it's just a tool. I would go by other symptoms as well to pinpoint ovulation, then stop testing after the first positive. Hope you get it sorted out :)

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I found temping much more effective so I know that I actually O'd.  One that temp goes up for 3 days... I know we did everything we could for the cycle.

We use the OPK's so we know when to start DTD like rabbits LOL

Quoting Khooks: If you keep testing you will drive yourself mad!! Lol I have a digital opk thing and it actually cuts off for 48 hours after peak. And the thermometer is called a basal body temp. It's with all the others at the pharmacy/ store. It's just more sensitive than the rest. I've never temped but I've seen on here it can be more maddening than opks do good luck! :)
Quoting mommyofmany42:

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Get some digital ones way less frustrating. I like clearblue digital. 

stcy79
by Stacey on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM

This......

Quoting Fairegirl33:

I found temping much more effective so I know that I actually O'd.  One that temp goes up for 3 days... I know we did everything we could for the cycle.

We use the OPK's so we know when to start DTD like rabbits LOL

Quoting Khooks: If you keep testing you will drive yourself mad!! Lol I have a digital opk thing and it actually cuts off for 48 hours after peak. And the thermometer is called a basal body temp. It's with all the others at the pharmacy/ store. It's just more sensitive than the rest. I've never temped but I've seen on here it can be more maddening than opks do good luck! :)
Quoting mommyofmany42:

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

Lmallonee
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Get clear blue digital. I've never gotten a false positive and I've been using them for two years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN