Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Late period, negative test but breast milk discharge

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello All, I am a 41 year old married woman, I had my period on May 5. My cycle is exactly every 28 to 29 days. Had sex on day 13 after my period started. My husband and I  went out to celebrate  his promotion to an accounting director, we got drunk had sex, he can't remember if he came in me or not.   I know, yes we should have been careful, however, we were very excited to celebrate his hard work that's finally paying off. My period was due June1st. I'm now 5 days late. Took two home pregnancy test and negative, had blood work done, it's negative. But i am having cramping as if my period is coming but nothing. Yesterday I noticed milk discharge from my breast which freaked me out because the breast tenderness with milk looking liquid discharge is exactly what happen to me when I was pregnant with my other two kids. I know this sounds like an uneducated question, but i am going to ask it anyways. Can a woman still be pregnant and her blood test and home pregnancy test be negative. Any advice on what i should do? Has anyone of you had this happen to them and it turned out they were pregnant? Could this be menopause or thyroid? I did not ask my doctor about the other possibilities because at the time I was more concerned it was pregnancy.

What do you think? any suggestions?

Thanks!

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Bump for this post because I am curious too! 

I had a negative HPT and neg urine test at the doc office, but no AF and I feel pregnant. 

I know people claim that a lot of pregnancy symptoms happen AFTER the missed period if you're pregnant, but with both mine they started super early. My cycle is irregular, but it was regulated by BC pills with my 2nd - yep, got pregs on BC pills - and that month I felt symptoms for 2 weeks before testing the day before AF was due and had very clear positive tests. 

Good luck! 

ag421
by Aimee on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM
It can happen. I knew a girl who was pregnant but hpt and blood test were negative. Week later got positive hpt. I honestly can't say how many dpo she was. Or how many weeks. I just know it can happen. It was at least a day after AF when she first tested with negatives then a week after to get bfp.
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Breast milk doesn't come in in early pregnancy so the discharge is something else.  Only thing you can do is wait a few more days and test again.

HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

It's happened to me a few times before. It freaked me out. I never was pregnant it was just a hormone thing.

jndomikaitis
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:54 PM

My last period was April 24th. I got married May 2nd and me and my husband began trying to conceive. I was supposed to get my next period may 24th. I usually have an irregular period. Today I am 13 days late. I took an at home pregnancy test may 25th...negative. I went to the DR May 28th and had a urine test....negative. Then she gave me a blood test the same day and it was negative. I took another at home test June 1st and it was negative. My dr said it could still be too early to tell. So I am going to take another test tomorrow morning when im 14 days late. If its negative I am making an appointment with an OBGYN. 

Let me know what you find out and I will do the same for you! I am curious! 

SissySmurf
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:46 PM

That's what I was thinkin', too. I am seven months along and the Colostrum has just started coming from my breasts so to think it's leaking already is kinda weird - unless it leaks a lot sooner after you've had one or two kids.. I don't know..

I do have a thyroid condition and that doesn't sound like any symptom I've ever had. 

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Breast milk doesn't come in in early pregnancy so the discharge is something else.  Only thing you can do is wait a few more days and test again.

Mrsatwell19
by Brooke on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Get a beta draw sometimes women can not get a + on a home test hope this helps !!
mamatink7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:58 AM

not sure what to say. these ladies on here are TTC and been doing everything in our powers TO get pregnant-not prevent. perhaps talk to your dr she will do blood test (check hormones, pregt, menopausal hormones)

GL 

mamatink7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM

whats the beta draw? is this just the blood test from ob office? cause i cant get bfp before 8-12weeks. perhaps beta draw is different? thx

Quoting Mrsatwell19: Get a beta draw sometimes women can not get a + on a home test hope this helps !!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Blood work is accurate. If it said negative your not pregnant. You could be starting to go through menapause or have other hormonal issues going on! Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)