Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

What supplements, vitamins, and foods should I be eating and taking while TTC?

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Anything that's good to help development of baby in those 4 weeks before finding out? Or 2ww? 

I know some people start prenatal vitamins, but what about foods? Would other supplements or herbs be good? What should be avoided? Best food for an Alkaline diet? 

Thanks! 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Go to http://www.naturalfertilityinfo.com/ and she will list all kinds of stuff

.sp4rkl3z.
by Meredith on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

I was looking over this last night when trying to figure out how to sway for a girl...but you know, I ate all of those acidic foods when I conceived my 3 sons so idk. Lol. But this might come in handy anyway so I'm sharing it since you asked about alkaline foods.
happyhealthy88
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I got pregnant the cycle I took raw apple cider vinegar (balances pH) extra Virgin coconut oil, prenatal vitamin and a whole food iron supplement.
akrogers13
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I drink 2 cups of red raspberry leaf tea per day (it says to take 3-4 but to build up... I am good with only drinking 2 I take a prenatal and a b complex vitamin which has extra folic acid..
FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM

I thought red raspberry was good too, then I've read it can cause miscarriage??? That's not true, right? 

Quoting akrogers13: I drink 2 cups of red raspberry leaf tea per day (it says to take 3-4 but to build up... I am good with only drinking 2 I take a prenatal and a b complex vitamin which has extra folic acid..

ElloOu
by Jessica on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Been ttc for 4 months, taking only a prenatal and eating clean, and I got my bfp on Wednesday, confirmed today with a blood test ๐Ÿ˜ Hubby was taking a multi-vitamin for a while too.
akrogers13
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It is said it *could* cause mc in early pregnancy, but there aren't enough studies to support either side.. here's a little tid bit on it.http://www.motherandchildhealth.com/Prenatal/raspberry.html

I drank it thru my pregnancy with my son and had a2hr Labour compared to the 10hr labor I had with my first.. does it have anything to do with rrl? Who knows but I drank it while having both my mc's and bleed only 3 days and spotted 3 days with the first and bleed 2 days and spotted 2days with the second... I also only bleed for 7 days after the birth of my son... it strengthens the uterine wall.. I personally feel like it's all due to the rrl...

Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

I thought red raspberry was good too, then I've read it can cause miscarriage??? That's not true, right? 

Quoting akrogers13: I drink 2 cups of red raspberry leaf tea per day (it says to take 3-4 but to build up... I am good with only drinking 2 I take a prenatal and a b complex vitamin which has extra folic acid..

FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:35 PM

That is awesome. I might just start drinking it then. 

I'm not judging at all I hope it didn't come off that way. 

When I was pregnant with my first, I craved black hot tea. sweet tea. It didn't occur to me - don't ask me why - that the honey I loved to use in my tea was local and raw. I went through TONS of it, like a large bottle and a half. My son is 5 and he has only ever had 2 fevers his whole life and recovers from colds in 24 hours. I'm convinced it was that. But you run the risk of botulism and I don't know if I'd do it again with another. 

Quoting akrogers13: It is said it *could* cause mc in early pregnancy, but there aren't enough studies to support either side.. here's a little tid bit on it.http://www.motherandchildhealth.com/Prenatal/raspberry.html I drank it thru my pregnancy with my son and had a2hr Labour compared to the 10hr labor I had with my first.. does it have anything to do with rrl? Who knows but I drank it while having both my mc's and bleed only 3 days and spotted 3 days with the first and bleed 2 days and spotted 2days with the second... I also only bleed for 7 days after the birth of my son... it strengthens the uterine wall.. I personally feel like it's all due to the rrl...
Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

akrogers13
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Not judgy at all! Everyone had their own opinions on things and I feel like it's important to do your own research and figure out if it will benefit you

I love raw honey!! I get it for my tea too.. nothing better! I never had it during my pregnancies tho, but I didn't think it was bad during pregnancy.. I thought it was just babies under a year weren't supposed to have it

Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

When I was pregnant with my first, I craved black hot tea. sweet tea. It didn't occur to me - don't ask me why - that the honey I loved to use in my tea was local and raw. I went through TONS of it, like a large bottle and a half. My son is 5 and he has only ever had 2 fevers his whole life and recovers from colds in 24 hours. I'm convinced it was that. But you run the risk of botulism and I don't know if I'd do it again with another. 

Quoting akrogers13: It is said it *could* cause mc in early pregnancy, but there aren't enough studies to support either side.. here's a little tid bit on it.http://www.motherandchildhealth.com/Prenatal/raspberry.html

I drank it thru my pregnancy with my son and had a2hr Labour compared to the 10hr labor I had with my first.. does it have anything to do with rrl? Who knows but I drank it while having both my mc's and bleed only 3 days and spotted 3 days with the first and bleed 2 days and spotted 2days with the second... I also only bleed for 7 days after the birth of my son... it strengthens the uterine wall.. I personally feel like it's all due to the rrl...

Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM

They just claim you could give the baby botulism... but honestly, I'm convinced it's what gave my son an amazing immune system. 

I do ACV shots and take folic acid but I need to pick up a prenatal. 

Quoting akrogers13: Not judgy at all! Everyone had their own opinions on things and I feel like it's important to do your own research and figure out if it will benefit you I love raw honey!! I get it for my tea too.. nothing better! I never had it during my pregnancies tho, but I didn't think it was bad during pregnancy.. I thought it was just babies under a year weren't supposed to have it
Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

Quoting akrogers13: It is said it *could* cause mc in early pregnancy, but there aren't enough studies to support either side.. here's a little tid bit on it.http://www.motherandchildhealth.com/Prenatal/raspberry.html I drank it thru my pregnancy with my son and had a2hr Labour compared to the 10hr labor I had with my first.. does it have anything to do with rrl? Who knows but I drank it while having both my mc's and bleed only 3 days and spotted 3 days with the first and bleed 2 days and spotted 2days with the second... I also only bleed for 7 days after the birth of my son... it strengthens the uterine wall.. I personally feel like it's all due to the rrl...
Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)