Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

So my husband says.....

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM
  • 26 Replies
He don't want to "try" meaning me tracking my ovulation and temping and having planned sex around my fertile window. He wants to have it natural and enjoy it. He said it's to much pressure and stress on both of us. What should I do?? He just wants us to enjoy our selfs. We quit drinking though I guess that's a plus. But my question is what are our chances 😢
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:32 PM
6 moms liked this
Everyone has a 20% chance of getting pregnant every month unless there are other issues. You can always use opks but don't tell him, hey honey I'm ovulating let's have sex.

Or have sex about every other day and don't track your cycle. Good luck
Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this

if there are no fertility issues.. i don't understand why folks "try".

Oldforge001
by Krissy on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Have you been tested? do you have any fertility issues? Also how long have you been ttc?

mrscass0416
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

my dh said he doesn't want to know the logistics, just to tell him when i get a positive pregnancy test. I know him and it would stress him out. SO I plan on stopping my b/c pills on the 28th and I am not telling him anything. 

stcy79
by Stacey on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I didnt temp or use opk's for my 3 pregnancies, I only put a big P on my  calender so I would know when to expect the next one. After loosing my last baby and I have endo, I want to do what I can to get our timing right. Plus Im 34.5 yrs now so my eggs aren't getting any better........

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

stcy79
by Stacey on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Ive told my DH that Im not going to tell him anything...... He says it doesn't matter, he can count..LOL

Quoting mrscass0416:

my dh said he doesn't want to know the logistics, just to tell him when i get a positive pregnancy test. I know him and it would stress him out. SO I plan on stopping my b/c pills on the 28th and I am not telling him anything. 

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

waitin2conceive
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:07 PM
We just started. We been married for two years but drank alot . We stopped to up our chances cause now we're ready

Quoting Oldforge001:

Have you been tested? do you have any fertility issues? Also how long have you been ttc?

waitin2conceive
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Maybe that's what I should do not tell him

Quoting stcy79:

Ive told my DH that Im not going to tell him anything...... He says it doesn't matter, he can count..LOL

Quoting mrscass0416:

mrsprecise
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:13 PM
I just kinda posted about this... my dh really only wants to bd. He does extra stuff (like testing SA) when i tell him he has an appt... but he would prefer not to... we r supposed to be starting iui soon so that will be interesting.. but all the stuff i have to do (metformin, hsgs, etc) i leave him out of it. After my appts i tell him how they went but as brief as possible. Also i dnt announce my fertile days, but i make sure we bd.

Quoting stcy79:

Quoting mrscass0416:

akrogers13
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Because even a healthy couple with no fertility issues only has about a 25% chance of conceiving each month and it can take a healthy couple up to a year.. tracking your cycles and pin pointing your most fertile time will help any couple.....

Quoting Fairegirl33:

if there are no fertility issues.. i don't understand why folks "try".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN