Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I can't help but cry.... Updated!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

I tell myself we arent gonna try this month, and we did good, with me not stressing, untill now! How can you not think about it or try? when that is the ONLY thing on your mind half the time. I am wanting a baby more than anything...My husband is getting impatient. the longer it takes the more he is wanting a baby..He told me a few months ago he really wanted a boy first. The other day he told me he doesnt care, he's just ready to be a daddy. We are only 6 months into TTC. and i just feel very failurish! I can't give my husband a little boy or girl. It wouldnt be as bad, if everyone around us wasn't having children or getting pregnant. I am 4 DPO, and yesterday i ordered a 50 count of pregnancy test and he wasnt even mad about it! He knows its really hard for me and i get super emotional. thats why he doesnt really talk about it much. I cant even begin to imagine the ladies that have gone a year and half or more TTC! You have strength!! <3 Really hoping for a BFP soon!! <3 BABY DUST TO EVERYONE!

UPDATE::  I love this Group! everyone is so supportive! Thank all of you for the comments ! it means alot!!

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fitcoachtiff
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck! Hopefully your BFP is right around the corner!

akrogers13
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Chin up!! It's frustrating no matter how long u try.. it took us 15mo with our son, but with our first I was on bc.. and the last two pregnancies (which both ended in mc) were both conceived at just a thought... or bodies are weird, fickle and cruel sometimes... we are only on our second cycle ttc after the second mc... hopefully it works out this time, but I'm planning on our taking forever like last time.

It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive... fx you get your bfp this time tho!!! Good luck!!
Kparis23
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I know how you feel! It took DH and I alittle over a year before I was able to get pregnant. I was actually about to start getting testing done ... The month I was gonna go in for blood work .. I ended up getting my BFP. That whole month I was convinced I couldn't get pregnant so we really didn't even try. We prob BD 3-4 times the whole month of April/may put together. And now I'm 8w3d . Don't give up hope .. Sometimes it takes alittle bit. I know it's hard to hear bc I hated hearing it but after over a year it happened for me. Good luck!
Oldforge001
by Krissy on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Hang in there! We have been ttc # for 14 months now, I would say it gets easier but it is very emotionally and mentally draining.

Niki722
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to keep in mind that it could take up to a year...most couples will conceive within a year of trying...my husband and I are going on 2 years.

shopper4
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm going through the exact same thing! Been ttc for a year now. Each month you have so much hope then the second af comes all the sad feelings come back. We both want to be parents already and I do think it'll happen soon (hope!) don't get discouraged just stay healthy and active! Are you def ovulating each month? Were you on birth control before ttc?

Quoting JessLTerry:

I tell myself we arent gonna try this month, and we did good, with me not stressing, untill now! How can you not think about it or try? when that is the ONLY thing on your mind half the time. I am wanting a baby more than anything...My husband is getting impatient. the longer it takes the more he is wanting a baby..He told me a few months ago he really wanted a boy first. The other day he told me he doesnt care, he's just ready to be a daddy. We are only 6 months into TTC. and i just feel very failurish! I can't give my husband a little boy or girl. It wouldnt be as bad, if everyone around us wasn't having children or getting pregnant. I am 4 DPO, and yesterday i ordered a 50 count of pregnancy test and he wasnt even mad about it! He knows its really hard for me and i get super emotional. thats why he doesnt really talk about it much. I cant even begin to imagine the ladies that have gone a year and half or more TTC! You have strength!! <3 Really hoping for a BFP soon!! <3 BABY DUST TO EVERYONE!

our.love.story
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
This was me exactly. We tried over a year, husband deployed, he got home, we tried for 5 months and then found out we were going to a new post so we decided I'd get tests done when we got here although he got his sperm tested before we left. We get down here, not here a week, I decide to test, and we're pregnant. Lol.

OP, good luck to you, I know it's very frustrating and there really is nothing any of us can say to help it. Just know we're all rooting for you. :)

Quoting Kparis23: I know how you feel! It took DH and I alittle over a year before I was able to get pregnant. I was actually about to start getting testing done ... The month I was gonna go in for blood work .. I ended up getting my BFP. That whole month I was convinced I couldn't get pregnant so we really didn't even try. We prob BD 3-4 times the whole month of April/may put together. And now I'm 8w3d . Don't give up hope .. Sometimes it takes alittle bit. I know it's hard to hear bc I hated hearing it but after over a year it happened for me. Good luck!
JessLTerry
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I was on Birth control for about 2 years, different kinds, and it messed my body up alot. my periods are finally back to normal. and have been for about 2 months now. and i think i am ovulating each month. i dont do OPK i tried that before and just didnt like it. but i might need to try it again. i just go off of what my CM looks like.

Quoting shopper4: I'm going through the exact same thing! Been ttc for a year now. Each month you have so much hope then the second af comes all the sad feelings come back. We both want to be parents already and I do think it'll happen soon (hope!) don't get discouraged just stay healthy and active! Are you def ovulating each month? Were you on birth control before ttc?
Quoting JessLTerry:

ttcbaba5
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah hun Ive been waiting years.  First of all 10 years before I got the "All clear" from an abromal scan I ended up with stage 3 cancerous cells.  My son is now 12!  I'm TTC now I'd say over 1 n 1/2yr, But really trying the past couple of months, but it feels soooo long!!  Every single Month I tell myself that I wont get upset and I'll gald if they arrive on day 28 etc (I'm 40 now hun) but when I do see AF I feel hartbroken literlally, I know how you feel.  

Men show theri emotions differntly to us!  I don't know if your trying any vitamins ovalation tests etc.. I defo recommend that to you..Also get to know how your Cevix feels when your fertile.  Also keep an eye on your CM throughout your cycle this is very important.  Evening primrose oil is very good for cm to be taken on day 1 untill day before or of ovalation, not to be taken durning the 2ww. Also drink plenty of water!  Take folic acid everday now whilst your TTC.

I can understand the pregnancy tests hun Im thinking of sending away tomorrow for mine and my ovalation predictor tests too.  I never bought the pregnancy tests before just the OV ones, so tomorrow I'll send away for them!  Hopefully this will be your Lucky Month hun!!  Here's a Ton of baby Dust TO You!! xxx

shopper4
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I can totally relate!! I was on BC for 5 years and once I was engaged I asked my dr. If it is safe to be on so long and if I will be fine to conceive one I get married in a few months.  She assured me within 24 hrs the bc is out of your system. Here I am a year later thinking maybe I should have done my own research lol. Was your cycle 50-65 days crazy long like mine were? That's great they are back to normal now I had to use provera to get my period at day 36 because I couldn't wait another insain amount of time again! Maybe try temping and keep track in a fertility app (I use ovia) have you had blood drawn to see your progesterone levels? I thought I was ovulating for atleast 7 months then I got tested and it showed literally nothing.

Quoting JessLTerry:

I was on Birth control for about 2 years, different kinds, and it messed my body up alot. my periods are finally back to normal. and have been for about 2 months now. and i think i am ovulating each month. i dont do OPK i tried that before and just didnt like it. but i might need to try it again. i just go off of what my CM looks like.

Quoting shopper4: I'm going through the exact same thing! Been ttc for a year now. Each month you have so much hope then the second af comes all the sad feelings come back. We both want to be parents already and I do think it'll happen soon (hope!) don't get discouraged just stay healthy and active! Are you def ovulating each month? Were you on birth control before ttc?
Quoting JessLTerry:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)