Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Well on to our second set of options...(partial rant)

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

I think I've spent more time in the hospital or at a doctor's office this year alone than I have in my whole life (I'm 25), with the exception of my birth (I was a premature baby). A few weeks ago, I had my second MC. By the point I knew something was wrong, there was nothing that could be done if there ever was. Long story short, this past month I've had 2 ER visits, 3 rounds of bloodwork, urinalysis, and 2 ultrasounds it turns out that I have super low Hcg and progesterone levels. I'm physically healthy, I eat pretty good, etc but my hormones just plain suck. At ~5 weeks, my Hcg was 6 and my progesterone was 0.5. I went in for my yearly physical, pap smear, etc and everything is normal so my next step will be to see an OB for my options. I will have to have some sort of supplemental progesterone for sure, possibly Clomid. However, my insurance doesn't cover infertility treatment so we're going to have to decide how feasible this all will be financially and emotionally. DH has already had his analysis and is considered to be good to go. We are going to have to weigh our options of infertility treatment and see what that entails or see if we can afford adoption/fostering. I think I'm going to go insane trying to figure everything out at this rate :'(  It just seems to be one thing after another with TTC. My problem isn't GETTING pregnant but STAYING that way. I'm working on researching things to try to get an idea while I wait to talk to both my doc and my soon to be OB (gotta do some insurance stuff first). Anyone know about how Hcg can be raised or much about supplemental progesterone (I know there's the pill, cream, suppository, and injection but not sure much else)?

Angel Babies: Dec 2013 named Robin Lee (gender unknown)  and May 2014 named Skyler Cherokee (gender unknown), Fur babies: Onyx (cat), Tigger (cat), Clara (dog)

Love is Friendship caught on Fire
wedding tickers

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lmscott
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Clomid the generic verison is $9 progesterone Should be covered. I am a waitress i just set tips aside each month for ttc spending. It will all be worth it!
Khooks
by Jessica on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Hormone imbalance is so easy to fix, it will take some time and amy infertility issue is stressful but you are lucky. You could even try over the counter progesterone cream, or maca root to balance out the hormones. Don't give up!
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM
You should see how much clomiphrene is. It's clomids generic. I'm having the same problem too. Getting pregnant but not staying pregnant. My RE put me on vaginal progesterone until I have a BFP or bfn then we will go from there.
shadowspirit07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM

All of our progesterone items in my state have to be prescription (I looked into that when I started spotting during my 2nd MC)

Quoting Khooks: Hormone imbalance is so easy to fix, it will take some time and amy infertility issue is stressful but you are lucky. You could even try over the counter progesterone cream, or maca root to balance out the hormones. Don't give up!

shadowspirit07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Thanks ladies, I will talk to my OB and see what they say (not sure if I will have a male or female). I'm willing to do the injections if I need to

Khooks
by Jessica on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM
What state are you in? Natural progesterone isn't really progesterone it's herbs that are made to raise it naturally rather than synthetic hormones. I'm sure there is some available in a gnc or vitamin shoppe.but regardless prescription progesterone is affordable and easy to get your hands on and if you find the right doctor they will do it for other health related issues caused by hormonal imbalances and avoid labeling it as infertility.

Quoting shadowspirit07:

All of our progesterone items in my state have to be prescription (I looked into that when I started spotting during my 2nd MC)

Quoting Khooks: Hormone imbalance is so easy to fix, it will take some time and amy infertility issue is stressful but you are lucky. You could even try over the counter progesterone cream, or maca root to balance out the hormones. Don't give up!

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

You can buy progest-cream online if your local stores don't carry it. I've never seen a local store NOT have it though... It doesn't require a prescription, it's used for "menopause" support, but it works just as good, if not better for me then progesterone supplements.

shadowspirit07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I live in Indiana. We have had a lot of idiots around here do things they aren't supposed to with various meds etc (bath salts, meth, etc) so they closely monitor everything. Cops can even search what you buy and when, it just takes 30 seconds to get into the system after you purchase it.

Quoting Khooks: What state are you in? Natural progesterone isn't really progesterone it's herbs that are made to raise it naturally rather than synthetic hormones. I'm sure there is some available in a gnc or vitamin shoppe.but regardless prescription progesterone is affordable and easy to get your hands on and if you find the right doctor they will do it for other health related issues caused by hormonal imbalances and avoid labeling it as infertility.
Quoting shadowspirit07:

shadowspirit07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I will do so just so I have it (DH and I are using condoms for this cycle as a precaution because this will be my first full cycle after the MC), just in case.

Quoting kajira:

You can buy progest-cream online if your local stores don't carry it. I've never seen a local store NOT have it though... It doesn't require a prescription, it's used for "menopause" support, but it works just as good, if not better for me then progesterone supplements.

shadowspirit07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I will look into to it, not sure what/if my insurance covers for that sort of thing. Thankfully, I should be able to pick up my prescriptions at work (I work at a supermarket) which will save gas. I should be able to afford the generic myself if it's not covered

Quoting Dannimarie418: You should see how much clomiphrene is. It's clomids generic. I'm having the same problem too. Getting pregnant but not staying pregnant. My RE put me on vaginal progesterone until I have a BFP or bfn then we will go from there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN