Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Sticky White Discharge

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:47 AM
  • 17 Replies
I am currently experiencing sticky white discharge, I can see it in my underwear, and have noticed it for the past two or three days, at least. I am currently on cycle day 25, 8 days past ovulation, I'm assuming, since I'm 10 days past my trigger shot. The trigger is out of my system, as of this morning, because I had a negative test with my first morning urine (I've been testing every day).

I know white discharge is not a good indication of pregnancy, as you can get it both when you're not pregnant and when you're pregnant, I'm assuming it's from progesterone. Since I am only 8DPO, does this mean it's more likely from hormones, and not a pregnancy sign? I guess what I'm asking is, if you're pregnant, do you typically experience white discharge right after conception or does it normally happen after implantation?

My left side has also been crampy, but I keep trying to tell myself that this is all just side effects from the shot, even though I took it over a week ago. What do you think?

EDIT: I forgot to mention I am not using progesterone meds. The only fertility meds I used this cycle were Clomid (days 1-5) and the trigger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.sp4rkl3z.
by Meredith on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I had this and was not pregnant...well, maybe I was, I could have been but have low progesterone. But I had this and AF showed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ786
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Well, I've had it before, too, just not as much as I seem to have this time around. I don't have a ton, but have a little bit more than usual, to the point of where I can feel it coming out sometimes (sorry for TMI), and then I run to the bathroom, thinking I will see blood, even though it would be early for my period anyway. I know white discharge can happen whether you're pregnant or not, I'm just curious about whether or not it typically happens after conception or after implantation, if it's due to pregnancy.

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: I had this and was not pregnant...well, maybe I was, I could have been but have low progesterone. But I had this and AF showed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akrogers13
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I get it before af.. it's caused by a shift in hormones.. that being said, it could also mean pregnancy lol

Cm really shouldn't be used to determine af or pregnancy because it differs person to person and cycle to cycle...
ARClay
by Alyssa on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM
If it's not normal for you then maybe it's a good sign! My friend said that she had tons of creamy white cm the day she tested and got a BFP around 9 dpo. Keep testing. I have hope for you!
tluvsd2
by TONI on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM
IV HEARD SOME LADIES SAY THEY HAD A TON AND ENDED UP W BFPS OTHERS GOT AF BUT I REALLY HOPE THIS LEADS TO YOUR BFP SWEETY GOOD LUCK😊
FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I experienced a lot of leukorrhia (spelling?) early on, before I tested. But it was milky, not really sticky. 

Good luck! 

cookie860
by Stephanie ♡ on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:42 PM
I had lots of creamy white cm.before my bfp. :) fxfx
KJ786
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 4:20 PM
I know, but this was my first cycle doing the trigger shot. I told myself I wasn't going to symptom spot this cycle, but I get like this every single time I try a new fertility med. lol. Too hopeful, I guess!

Quoting akrogers13: I get it before af.. it's caused by a shift in hormones.. that being said, it could also mean pregnancy lol

Cm really shouldn't be used to determine af or pregnancy because it differs person to person and cycle to cycle...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ786
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 4:21 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think it's just normal hormonal discharge, probably from the trigger. :( One thing I have noticed, though, is that I only experience this discharge in the morning! Weird.

Quoting ARClay: If it's not normal for you then maybe it's a good sign! My friend said that she had tons of creamy white cm the day she tested and got a BFP around 9 dpo. Keep testing. I have hope for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ786
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Thanks so much. :)

Quoting tluvsd2: IV HEARD SOME LADIES SAY THEY HAD A TON AND ENDED UP W BFPS OTHERS GOT AF BUT I REALLY HOPE THIS LEADS TO YOUR BFP SWEETY GOOD LUCK😊
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)