Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else experience this?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband and I are TTC and this will be our first. I finished my last BC pill the second week of April. I had a normal "on-BC" period starting on April 10th. I had my first "off-BC" period starting on May 1st. It was heavier than when I was on BC and lasted 1 extra day but otherwise was not out of the ordinary. I did not have anything more until June 23rd (1 1/2 months later) when I started spotting and it lasted for 6 days. The first 2 days, it varied between really dark (almost black), brown and pink. The other 4 days, it varied between brown and pink with a couple of spots of red. I've never had a period that was this light before so I thought it was really weird. I have read that a lot of women spot when they first become pregnant so I tested this morning but it was still negative. Has anyone else experienced this? Did your cycle get back to normal or were you actually pregnant? I never realized this process would be so stressful and frustrating. Thanks for your help!

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM

It's been a long time since I've been on hormonal BC, but I have read on here that, especailly depending on how long you've been on it, your periods could be out of whack for several months while your body ets used to doing this on its own again.

hypersquirrel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Either its the bc still affecting you or could be anovulatory cycle ( also probly due to the bc).
akrogers13
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:37 PM
It is definitely frustrating when out bodies don't cooperate!! sounds like your body may still be trying to figure out how to do things on its own with out the bc.. good luck hun!
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:31 AM

To me a period on april 10th and then another on may 1st doesn't sound all that normal...that is only a 20 day cycle...so to me it sounds like your body is just trying to regulate after being on BC...could take a few more months...good luck

tluvsd2
by TONI on Jun. 30, 2014 at 7:08 AM
I THINK AFTER BC YOUR HORMONES R A LIL OFF WHICH IS VERY NORMAL AND YOUR BODY IS TRYN TO GET REGULATED IT CAN TAKE AWHILE SWEETY GOOD LUCK I HOPE U GET A BFP SOON😊
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)