Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

*update*little confused, how can this be?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
Update: level today was 84.2!! Way more than doubled! Very happy momma right now :-)

So the dollar store brand picks up 25 mui/ml right? I've been getting(faint) positives in them since Monday... well I got back my hcg from yesterday and it's only 23.2... maybe I'm confused on how the uterine and blood tests vary, but should I have been getting positives if Monday my levels were still most likely less around 12?

Idk can someone full me in on how this whole thing works? My frer this morning was twice as bright as the one I had taken two days before so I know my levels are still going up...
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I was just gonna say maybe your levels are going down until I read that your FRER got darker. I don't know why but weird things happen like that sometimes. With this pregnancy, I was testing starting at 7 DPO with cheapies that were supposedly 10 miu and they were coming back stark white so I stopped testing at 10 DPO and then at 12 DPO I took an OPK just for fun and it was positive so I went and got FRERs and it came back super dark while the cheapie that day was practically negative still.
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM
I was getting bfps on frers when my hcg was down to a 7 with my chemical. I wouldn't worry. Are they doing a repeat?
akrogers13
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Thanks.. I know the frer is much more sensitive.. I just don't know how I was getting positives on the creators so early of if my levels were must likely around 12 and the brand picks up 25.. well Sr what tomorrow brings. Hopefully they double!!
ARClay
by Alyssa on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM
This is what I think: It's not that the tests only pick up hcg of 25miu and higher, but more like they are guaranteed to show up at 25miu. I know some tests are more sensitive than they claim.
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I was going to say something along these lines. Those tests can probably pick up lower hcg, but to cover themselves from liability and such, they probably go with a higher number that they know for certain will show up.

Quoting ARClay: This is what I think: It's not that the tests only pick up hcg of 25miu and higher, but more like they are guaranteed to show up at 25miu. I know some tests are more sensitive than they claim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cstarks90
by Courtney on Jul. 11, 2014 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I got positives on frer and wondfos with my hcg only being 7. I am now 27 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mss119
by Maggie on Jul. 11, 2014 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I always figured that 25miu sensitivity means it will have a nice, bold line at 25miu. And if you have a very faint line, it will show up at less than 25miu.
stcy79
by Stacey on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Yay, im glad ur numbers are rising!!!!!! Sticky bean or beans!!!!!!!!!!

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

Khooks
by Jessica on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Fantastic news! HH9 :)
florallove92
by Kailey on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I was saying to other ladies on here that I had frer, digital and dollar store pick up when my hcg was 7! Congrats on rising numbers!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)