Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PCOS??

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:14 AM
  • 13 Replies
What medications are you on? What meds have your doctor tried you in and which actually worked? This is driving me insane!!! Lol. I'm on metformin 500mg 2x daily! Any other suggestions?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bem8489
by Brandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I know some ladies with PCOS have taken Vitex and it helped them. 

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I guess it depends on what you mean by help! Help ovulate or conceive? 

I did Metformin it caused my hair to fall out. So I stopped it. I tried vitex, and it made me spot not stop. I tried Clomid (I did manage to O a couple times but its horrible stuff and I think it thinned my uterine linning so a fertilized egg couldnt implant) I did Soy and it helped me O a few times as well. I found a smaller dosage worked better then the larger. Also diet and exercise was great. And LOTS of prayers! 

Good luck hun!! I have PCOS and have managed to concieve 4 times. The first took 3 yrs, the second took 2 1/2, the third took 12 months, the forth took just over 2 1/2 yrs. I don't have cycles or ovulate on my own. We haven't had any luck ovulating yet, we are 9 months pp. 

florallove92
by Group Admin on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm on Metformin 500mg 3x a day and I take folic acid. I'm 99.99% sure the Metformin is what helped me conceive, I got pregnant after 1 month on it after almost 2 years of trying! Clomid in conjunction with the Metformin helps some women too! 

rabzmum
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Im on clomid took my first treatment this month and I ovulates on th 16th day of my cycle and had an app that day and scan showed 25.5mm folicle on left ovary we bded 16th and 17th im.now 9 dpo dnt feel any pregnancy symptims.dont kmo if I am even pregnant or not.
My sister on the other has been on clomid asince begining of this year and this month her period hasnt arives yet bin 7 or 8 day past dd of af.ans now she saya shes havng lots of white stretchy diacharge and suspects she might be ovulating late.. please keeep hwr in your prayers as well .she is ttc baby no.1 :)
Sammi20
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I took Metformin for my first pregnancy.. What they "forget to mention" is that going on Birth control will shrink your cysts! and coming off of it or taking it irregularly can help you get pregnant.. Whala! Baby number 2! That's how it worked for me anyway :) Good luck! Metformin is a great help just keep with it! It took me 8 months when I was taking it.. but it is definitely helping to stifle the PCOS.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 20, so 15 years ago. At first I was on Clomid and Metformin, but I took both for several years without them helping, so I quit.

Now I take nothing. I use exercise and diet to keep my pcos symptoms under control. I've had two babies since doing it this way and I'm pregnant again.

Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jsmith13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Okay. So I guess my question really is... What were your cycles like? I don't have a period, I have only had 2 in the past 2 years. The last one which was number 3 I guess was so light pink that I didn't need anything but it lasted about 5 days just very lightly spotting. I'm not sure that it was caused by the metformin but I had just started back on the metformin like MAYBE a week before that happened. I didn't write down when it happened but I know about when it happened. How long did it take you ladies to start your cycles for those of you who were kinda in my situation ?? And if you don't mind me asking. How much do you ladies weigh? I know I'm overweight. I weigh 309 but I know so many other women who are so much bigger than me and having babies. So I know it's not completely my weight though it does play a big factor. It's just so hard to lose the weight. /: thank you though for all the answers!!
StormiAnn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM
I'm not allowed to "advertise" here but, if you are interested in reading testimonies from women who have PCOS or about the lady who had her PCOS diagnosis reversed send me a message. Best of wishes for your future :)
Diamonds62009
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I have PCOS, I am on metformin extended release 500mg 4x a day and vit d along with diet and exercise. I also take provera to induce AF I got pregnant back in 2010 while on clomid and metformin but miscarried.. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sammi20
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Birthcontrol will get you regulated.. It sucks putting it off and just waiting a couple months, but I had to start bc to really get a steady period going! I weigh 244... I have tried dieting but you always gain the weight back if you don't stick to it.. I have lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks by doing an all meat, Omelet and veggie diet.. eat any of theose things at any time and you really do lose fast... but your taste buds get bored and you end up pigging out after the 2 weeks lol. My cycles were Very irregular befor my 1st daughter. I would miss months at a time.. Thats when they put me on metformin to help me O.  :) 

Quoting jsmith13: Okay. So I guess my question really is... What were your cycles like? I don't have a period, I have only had 2 in the past 2 years. The last one which was number 3 I guess was so light pink that I didn't need anything but it lasted about 5 days just very lightly spotting. I'm not sure that it was caused by the metformin but I had just started back on the metformin like MAYBE a week before that happened. I didn't write down when it happened but I know about when it happened. How long did it take you ladies to start your cycles for those of you who were kinda in my situation ?? And if you don't mind me asking. How much do you ladies weigh? I know I'm overweight. I weigh 309 but I know so many other women who are so much bigger than me and having babies. So I know it's not completely my weight though it does play a big factor. It's just so hard to lose the weight. /: thank you though for all the answers!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)