Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Little Background

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:52 AM
  • 8 Replies

My hubby and I have been married for a year and a half. He is 28 and I am 23.  We have been actively trying since January of 2013. We have taken metformin and clomid. No luck. I have taken up runiing to maybe better my chances. I have a 20 month old step daughter.  My hubs works in the Oilfield so it makes it that much harder as he is gone 2 weeks out of the month. Thank you for reading! God Bless!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blessbest
by KristinMom on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Don't worry in no time, u will get ur bfp...tons of baby dust ur way!
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:56 PM

You really need to both be checked. For ages 35 and under it shouldnt take any longer than a year to get pregnant. I am not sure if you both have been checked or not but if not, then that would be your next step. You need an HSG to make sure your tubes are open, your hormones checked(including amh&fsh) and he needs a semen analysis. Good luck

KAnderson2013
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:03 PM

I had an HSG done in December 2013 all clear. All hormones on my side is normal. His insurance doesnt cover SA. Right now im having to go back in for a redo of my pap as it came back abnormal, second year in a row. Drs aren't sure whats causing it. My dr doesnt think that it is him due to me having multiple anovulatory cycle.... just sucks to be young and suffer from undiagnosed infrertility.

Quoting hypnautica:

You really need to both be checked. For ages 35 and under it shouldnt take any longer than a year to get pregnant. I am not sure if you both have been checked or not but if not, then that would be your next step. You need an HSG to make sure your tubes are open, your hormones checked(including amh&fsh) and he needs a semen analysis. Good luck

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Unless the doc has proof it isnt him, he cant be ruled out. There are at home test he can take. It will only look at his sperm count but will not show if he has motility issues or morphology issues, which both can be a huge factor in not getting pregnant. I normally dont say try an at home test but you could at least see if his count is good by doing one of those.

talonsmom05
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Ask your doctor about femara! I had no luck with clomid but success with femara I got pregnant my 2nd cycle

Quoting KAnderson2013:

My hubby and I have been married for a year and a half. He is 28 and I am 23.  We have been actively trying since January of 2013. We have taken metformin and clomid. No luck. I have taken up runiing to maybe better my chances. I have a 20 month old step daughter.  My hubs works in the Oilfield so it makes it that much harder as he is gone 2 weeks out of the month. Thank you for reading! God Bless!

Oliviasmom72
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:16 PM

It sounds like you have PCOS. Your PCOS needs to be monitored and controlled. Are you even ovulating? PCOS triggers a false LH surge so if you are using OPK's they are probably not acurate. What is your DR doing to determine if ovulation is happening? Do you have regular periods? 

eagerforbaby
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:23 PM
A seman analysis is only around 100 bucks without insurance. It could be both, so treating you would do no good if there aren't many sperm. Are you seeing an ob? It may be time to see an re. An re may be able to figure out a cause.

Quoting KAnderson2013:

I had an HSG done in December 2013 all clear. All hormones on my side is normal. His insurance doesnt cover SA. Right now im having to go back in for a redo of my pap as it came back abnormal, second year in a row. Drs aren't sure whats causing it. My dr doesnt think that it is him due to me having multiple anovulatory cycle.... just sucks to be young and suffer from undiagnosed infrertility.

Quoting hypnautica:

KAnderson2013
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM

I have had both bloodwork and ultrasounds to confirm ovulation. All my levels are textbook perfect. They have been regular since taking metformin for 5 months. Every 28 days.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

It sounds like you have PCOS. Your PCOS needs to be monitored and controlled. Are you even ovulating? PCOS triggers a false LH surge so if you are using OPK's they are probably not acurate. What is your DR doing to determine if ovulation is happening? Do you have regular periods? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)