Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I might be slightly biased but...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
  • 26 Replies
10 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

That is one damn cute baby!! Happy 1 Month birthday Mikey!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessbest
by KristinMom on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM
He's so cute...luv u baby!!!
Libby22
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Thank you! He's a lot of work but a total treat :)

Quoting blessbest: He's so cute...luv u baby!!!
kajira
by Emma on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM
He's beautiful libby!
Libby22
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Thank you! It's so good to hear from you! How are you doing??

Quoting kajira: He's beautiful libby!
Dannimarie418
by Danielle on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
So handsome 💙
kajira
by Emma on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm doing okay - Wyatt's doing well for the most part, he's getting big.

Quoting Libby22: Thank you! It's so good to hear from you! How are you doing??

Libby22
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:32 PM
OMG that is a different baby! He looks so adorable! How big is he now? Do you have an idea on when he can go home?

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:37 PM

He's about 5lbs 11oz.

His lungs may be ready to go home in a week or two - his vitals are getting stable enough his temp is good, it's his belly that will be the issue, he had to have the surgery to put him back together and he's got an air bubble in there that's making them paranoid to feed him - so I think they are going really slow (I still have to get todays update on what they finally decided about his feeds.)

I've gotten to nurse him once after pumping to see if he'd latch, and if he's still being allowed small oral feeds this weekend, i'll get to nurse him for real on saturday with hand expressing small amounts of milk after I pump. (he's literally getting like .5cc an hour so were talking drops.) 

They said when he can get up to 50cc/ML per 3 hours, he can go home, but it may take us weeks and weeks and weeks to get him there. he could very well be a 15lbs baby by the time he goes home. O.o

Quoting Libby22: OMG that is a different baby! He looks so adorable! How big is he now? Do you have an idea on when he can go home?
Quoting kajira:

Libby22
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
That sucks that he has a way to go but he's come a really long way too! I was surprised that Mikey was able to breastfeed normally after getting bottles for the week in NICU. The only thing is that it effing huuuuurts!! His position is good, he has a deep latch and isn't tongue tied but it really really hurts :/

I've been MIA but I'll start looking out for your updates!

Quoting kajira:

He's about 5lbs 11oz.

His lungs may be ready to go home in a week or two - his vitals are getting stable enough his temp is good, it's his belly that will be the issue, he had to have the surgery to put him back together and he's got an air bubble in there that's making them paranoid to feed him - so I think they are going really slow (I still have to get todays update on what they finally decided about his feeds.)

I've gotten to nurse him once after pumping to see if he'd latch, and if he's still being allowed small oral feeds this weekend, i'll get to nurse him for real on saturday with hand expressing small amounts of milk after I pump. (he's literally getting like .5cc an hour so were talking drops.) 

They said when he can get up to 50cc/ML per 3 hours, he can go home, but it may take us weeks and weeks and weeks to get him there. he could very well be a 15lbs baby by the time he goes home. O.o

Quoting Libby22: OMG that is a different baby! He looks so adorable! How big is he now? Do you have an idea on when he can go home?

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I'm sorry it hurts!! I tend to find the first couple weeks of nursing after a new baby when they are on the boob non stop is a little sensitive until your body gets used to it. 

Are you using lanolin before/after he nurses to help any sensitivity?

Quoting Libby22: That sucks that he has a way to go but he's come a really long way too! I was surprised that Mikey was able to breastfeed normally after getting bottles for the week in NICU. The only thing is that it effing huuuuurts!! His position is good, he has a deep latch and isn't tongue tied but it really really hurts :/ I've been MIA but I'll start looking out for your updates!
Quoting kajira:

He's about 5lbs 11oz.

Quoting kajira:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)